Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Cozumel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
scottnorby

Since 23 Sep 2005
538 Posts
Cascadia - Seattle - Encinitas
Addicted

PostSun Aug 12, 07 9:43 am    Cozumel Reply with quote

Looking to head out there this winter.

I would appreciate any information on Cozumel....

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Aug 12, 07 10:34 am     Reply with quote

http://www.cozumelkiteboarding.com/default.asp

Adrian is THE man in Cozumel! Hook up with him for the best information on kiteboarding in Cozumel. Very Happy

Have fun!
Nak

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Aug 12, 07 2:53 pm     Reply with quote

adrian is da man is cozumel.

pm phil; he's been there a bunch and will give you the 411.

jimmi

tonia

Since 15 Jun 2005
209 Posts
The Gorge
Stoked

PostSun Aug 12, 07 7:01 pm    Cozumel Accomodations Reply with quote

Adrienne is great! Also, there are TWO 1-week stays in Cozumel in the Kiteboarding 4 Cancer silent auction! Both accommodations are right at the kiteboarder's "country club" beach on the northwest side of the island. Good kiting and access to kiteboarder's dream spot, "the lagoon", to the north. I've stayed at both. Contact Adrienne at cozumelkiteboarding.com for a lagoon tour.

Cozumel Kiteboarding Accommodation #1: Casa Viento: 1 week stay plus 15 hours of kiteboarding instruction with Raul from Kite Cozumel.

Cozumel Kiteboarding Accommodation #2:
Cozumel Tom's Condo: 1 week stay in a luxury condo overlooking kite beach at the country club.

: dedicated 1-on-1 jet-ski assistance
: radio helmet instruction (no yelling at students)
: secluded locations away from crowds

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostSun Aug 12, 07 7:17 pm     Reply with quote

Been to Cozumel twice and Adrian is the man for sure. He knows the island really well. He owns a awesome resturant in town. There is a store at the end out the main drag to get food, beer what ever you need... If you have time and money the dolphin experiance it worth every penny pay the extra so you can swim with them, one of the coolest things I have ever done. Thumb's Up

We went in Feb both times, first trip - awesome kiting everyday, second trip got skunked pretty bad so its not a bad thing to have a back up plan in case the wind is bad.

mystrygrl

Since 07 Sep 2006
95 Posts
PDX/HR - What day is it?

PostMon Aug 13, 07 9:01 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
We went in Feb both times, first trip - awesome kiting everyday, second trip got skunked pretty bad so its not a bad thing to have a back up plan in case the wind is bad.

Was on the first trip with BB and PKH... the year they did NOT get skunked... agree with all that has been said so far... Cozumel great. Fun backup options for either no wind days, or even days that you are just to tired to keep kiting!! (we had one of those after kiting 10 days in a row... went to see ruins in Tulum on the 11th... you can take a ferry over to mainland from island for this... might even plan a kiting day on that side as well).

Quote:
Cozumel Kiteboarding Accommodation #2: Cozumel Tom's Condo: 1 week stay in a luxury condo overlooking kite beach at the country club.

I think this condo is in same building we stayed in... definitely recommended... primo location by Country Club beach... which can be a fun spot to kite... although I recall some onshore conditions there... LAGOON is THE SPOT.

Last suggestion... dont be tempted to spend less on flight by going via Cancun... heard some folks tried that and were not too happy... fly directly into Cozumel even if more expensive. The trek in/out via rental car and ferry to Cozumel wastes a full day each way from what I understand.

scottnorby

Since 23 Sep 2005
538 Posts
Cascadia - Seattle - Encinitas
Addicted

PostMon Aug 13, 07 6:57 pm     Reply with quote

Good info so far ...thanks!

What is the silent auction...and where is it?
Can I bid without being there?

Cozumel Tom

Since 14 Aug 2007
18 Posts
Toronto / Cozumel

PostTue Aug 14, 07 7:06 am     Reply with quote

Scott,
If you want to contact me directly, you can reply to the post or call. I will give you a discount on the sweetest kiteboarding condo in Cozumel. Let me know when you are thinking of going.
Let's Ride!

KidCorporate

Since 10 Jul 2007
563 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Aug 14, 07 8:57 am     Reply with quote

Holy crap that looks so nice... my concentration at work is completely shot now.

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostFri Aug 17, 07 4:59 pm     Reply with quote

Watch out for DEAN. Its a Cat 3 now and expected to go Cat 4. Heading straight for Cancun, Cozumel. Shocked

www.naishkites.com

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Aug 17, 07 7:03 pm     Reply with quote

she!t, not again.

keep your head down adrian, my friend.

our thoughts and prayers with you and yours.

jimmi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: