Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

The coast was epic yesterday!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
PDXKITE

PostWed Sep 21, 05 11:29 am    The coast was epic yesterday! Reply with quote

3 of us rode at Fort Stevens all day yesterday. Swell 10 feet and wind was a super steady 18 mph. The waves were glassy and the wind was so smooth. Definitely the best session I have had all year. It made the Gorge and Sauvies look like junk.
I watched two local guys ride at Sunset beach as the sun was setting and they were having the time of their lives. It was like a kitesurfing postcard with the big waves and sun setting. I watched one of you guys (green kite?) ride a wave that was easily double time over his head. It broke right on you and I thought you were done. But you came out of the whitewater! WOW
Hats off (or helmet off in my case) to you both for your inspiration! I hope to handle the ocean as well as you both soon.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Sep 21, 05 1:23 pm     Reply with quote

Aww man, hope there is still some leftovers for the weekend for us cube dwellers. My 6:30am-3:30pm work schedule only lets me get out to Sauvies these days.

Thanks for the report!

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostWed Sep 21, 05 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

I am looking to go on friday. Any ideas where the best spot might be?
Ft Stevens to manzanita.
Mark

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostWed Sep 21, 05 8:53 pm     Reply with quote

We were at Seaside yesterday and today. Swell was about 6-7. Thanks to Barfly for the shuttle up to gearhart. Cool to finally kite with you guys and the infamous river troll Jahmbi. He may say spiteful things on the forum due to sniffing paint fumes all day but once the salt water hits his nose he's quite sociable. Wink

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Sep 22, 05 7:21 am     Reply with quote

I forgot an offering to the River Troll and now all my steez is hangin up in the treez!

But I have video Jahmbi, stay tuned!

mit_noslrac

Since 17 May 2005
108 Posts
Bend Oregon
Stoked

PostThu Sep 22, 05 8:04 am     Reply with quote

Wind Slither-

Dont worry my Ocean Rodeo bini was washed off my head by a wave, so the river troll should be most happy!

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostThu Sep 22, 05 8:44 am     Reply with quote

[quote="Wind Slither"]I forgot an offering to the River Troll and now all my steez is hangin up in the treez!

But I have video Jahmbi, stay tuned![/quote]

Note to the wise... pay homage homesteez!

Rtrf.jpg 
   RiverTroll.jpg 
   Post-it.jpg 

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostThu Sep 22, 05 9:34 am     Reply with quote

Oh my god - that is so hilarious, I almost fell off my chair laughing. You guys rock. I think this is the best post to date. Thumb's Up

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Sep 22, 05 1:03 pm     Reply with quote

After closer analysis, this is clearly a hoax.

The spelling and sentence structure on that alleged River Troll post-it note are far too sophisticated to be the work of Jahmbi.

CoryfromTHECREW

Since 27 May 2005
57 Posts
Lakeview Oregon, or Anchorage

PostThu Sep 22, 05 1:33 pm     Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow...that is awesome guys..im not familiar with all the myths...but that green monster with a board...that is furkin awesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostThu Sep 22, 05 5:50 pm     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
After closer analysis, this is clearly a hoax.

The spelling and sentence structure on that alleged River Troll post-it note are far too sophisticated to be the work of Jahmbi.
note to all .....the River Troll did attend a few schools back in the day and might just suprize u ... by the way no one left dental floss .prefer wormspin floss with a hint of slug juice insted of the waxed floss like u humans use..wood be much appreciated........... R.T......

scottnorby

Since 23 Sep 2005
538 Posts
Cascadia - Seattle - Encinitas
Addicted

PostFri Sep 23, 05 11:09 am     Reply with quote

Hey PDXKITE. That was Mike Feehan and I out that day at sunset. Thanks for the compliment. That was my green M80 kite. The waves on the outside WERE pretty big. We were stoked. Good swell for sure. If you are around say hello because we always need more guys to kite waves with. Some guys around here have been focusing on wavekiting for a few years (like Josh and Ben) and they are super smooth. I actually just got lucky catching that set wave. I am not so proficient but we are all pushing it and learning. That wave peeled perfectly and got so hollow. I would not recommend pulling into the closeout like I did. That could have gone bad real quick. I got lucky. And I didn't realize it was going to jack up to almost double overhead so quickly on the inside. Super fun though!
Gabe, Mike, Matt, myself (scott) will all help you with any advice if you come around. Just look for the Liquid Force kites in the air.
The ocean is definitely the place to kite. We love it here and encourage you to test yourself in the ocean. The Gorge is nice if you are working on a tan in a pack of angry hustlers...but the ocean has room for everyone.
See you out here. Take it easy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: