Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

naish helix sightings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostMon Aug 06, 07 7:37 am    naish helix sightings Reply with quote

saw 2 out at the sandbar....

other brands have been targeting the fact that the LE is bent and won't sit on the sand well. also that pulling on one end is going to twist the kite too much and make it mushy.

anyone?

one that I saw was sitting on the sand almost the whole time, the other was cruising by me out in the swell....

KidCorporate

Since 10 Jul 2007
563 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Aug 06, 07 7:55 am     Reply with quote

I think I saw the one in the air, was it pink?

trevorsmith

Since 25 Apr 2005
501 Posts
PDX
Addicted

PostMon Aug 06, 07 7:58 am     Reply with quote

I did see the kite relauch,it was crazy fast/quick. The rider pulled on a line, the kite rolled over to leading edge up, and take-off. Crazy quick relaunch, maybe 3 to 4 seconds total time.

I did see it flex into a square shape, at the leading edge points during the hot relaunch..but this probably by design..just hope the seams will hold up when you load the kite up into a square shape.

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostMon Aug 06, 07 8:05 am     Reply with quote

Yeah I think there was a pink and gray one at the spit.

jbruxer

Since 24 Jul 2005
398 Posts
Beaverton, OR
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 06, 07 9:05 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
other brands have been targeting the fact that the LE is bent and won't sit on the sand well. also that pulling on one end is going to twist the kite too much and make it mushy.

It's funny you mentioned this! I saw 2 pink/grey kites out at the sandbar this weekend and noticed that there was a lot of flex with the kites in mid air. I remember thinking to myself..."either they didnt inflate the LE enough, or the new Helix is just a little soft!?!"

scooter

Since 23 Apr 2005
99 Posts
hood River

PostMon Aug 06, 07 10:12 am    center flex Reply with quote

the center flex is by design. check this link out.
Also, i got to the fly the 9m on sat and really liked it. Very Spunky!
disclaimer...

1) I'm a begginer who on friday got his first up-wind rides!
2) I work for naish, so im probably biased, so ride it for yourselves! Very Happy

http://www.naishkites.com/sigma/helix/helix_home.html

climberusa

Since 14 May 2007
47 Posts
Spokane, WA

PostMon Aug 06, 07 10:51 am     Reply with quote

scooter, were you riding the green and white one? I think i talked to you for a few minutes at the far end of the sandbar on saturday. trying to link real people to screen names!

scooter

Since 23 Apr 2005
99 Posts
hood River

PostMon Aug 06, 07 11:01 am     Reply with quote

it was either me(derek, 6'2" dark brown hair) or chris blond @ 5'11''.
Its a fun little ride!

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostMon Aug 06, 07 11:06 am    Re: naish helix sightings Reply with quote

FlyinElvis wrote:
saw 2 out at the sandbar....

anyone?

one that I saw was sitting on the sand almost the whole time, the other was cruising by me out in the swell....

actually the kite will sit fine on sand...saw it on maui...it was just put down..no sand on the canopy, and the kite was sitting there...that said, I still think it is recommended to put sand on the canopy.

and as said before the kite is supposed to twist, according to their website, instead of having the the kite twist on the side, the kite twists in the middle which is what increases the turning speed...or at least that is my understanding of it.

A.

marina c

Since 03 Apr 2006
318 Posts
California/Gorge Summer
Obsessed

PostTue Aug 07, 07 4:24 pm     Reply with quote

Designer Damien Girardin will be talking specifically about the Helix in The Kiteboarder's new feature department, Designer Corner. Tautologies is absolutely right. It is supposed to twist!

The issue starts mailing August 27. Other designers include Mat Pendle on GK's new Trix, Jeff Legosz on Slingshot's new REV, Mango Carafino on his new foilboard for kiters, and Julien Fillion on Liquid Force's new Havoc08.

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostTue Aug 07, 07 6:17 pm     Reply with quote

marina c wrote:
Designer Damien Girardin will be talking specifically about the Helix in The Kiteboarder's new feature department, Designer Corner. Tautologies is absolutely right. It is supposed to twist!

The issue starts mailing August 27. Other designers include Mat Pendle on GK's new Trix, Jeff Legosz on Slingshot's new REV, Mango Carafino on his new foilboard for kiters, and Julien Fillion on Liquid Force's new Havoc08.

Carafine...thats the guy who wants to sell the foilboard for $700 right? Thats what they wanted for the one I have at home now very used....if thats the price, then I'm getting one from Carafino Smile
fun boards though Smile
A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: