Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Stop sending it, Learn to Pop!
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostTue Jul 24, 07 8:06 am     Reply with quote

I tried this tecnique but am unable to get a pop. I head slightly downwind to ge the kite back in the window, then turn my board upwind to get the kite even deeper in the window, but I end up just stopping and pulling the kite to the edge of the window. What am I doing wrong? Am I going too slow?

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jul 24, 07 8:12 am     Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
I tried this tecnique but am unable to get a pop. I head slightly downwind to ge the kite back in the window, then turn my board upwind to get the kite even deeper in the window, but I end up just stopping and pulling the kite to the edge of the window. What am I doing wrong? Am I going too slow?

what are you flying for a kite?

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostTue Jul 24, 07 8:14 am     Reply with quote

Tried it on both a 7m and 11m T2

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Jul 24, 07 8:33 am     Reply with quote

Just try doing it when you're more powered up. Not overpowered, but at least with enough juice in it that you don't edge the kite competely forward when you load up. I'm not efficient at all...

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostTue Jul 24, 07 11:46 am     Reply with quote

How tight of a turn am I supposed to make? should I steer the kite up as I turn?

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostTue Jul 24, 07 12:11 pm     Reply with quote

I am also just starting to get it down...but what I feel is that you need to keep power in the kite, meaning don't let it creep up to the edge of the window, and don't shoot too far infront of it.....move with the kite, keeping it directly downwind of you at 45ish degrees off the water....

then when you want to POP, slightly aim your board downwind( I think this is to empty the kite a little so it doesn't keep creeping upwind) , then edge back, loading the kite with wind,.........once the kite is full and you are edging...RELEASE ( ollie). Very Happy

but, I am just guessing and going off of what I try and do on the water.
-its also really easy to do when you hit a mini-wave or swell. Laughing

bustingbladder

Since 12 Jul 2006
386 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

PostTue Jul 24, 07 6:48 pm    Re: Stop sending it, Learn to Pop! Reply with quote

J.P. wrote:
Forrest wrote:
and sliding the top of the Subaru, I wanna learn to pop like that!

The one thing I noticed with the LF team and in general with all Pro's is the speed at which they ride.

When jumping via the "whip" or the "trigger", board speeds play a HUGE factor in the out come.

Correct! Board speed and last second loading technique are the #1 components needed in order to leverage enough power to get great pop period! Of course riding lit on two kites larger has nothing to do with it Laughing Razz NOT!

W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: