Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Fort stevens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  

PostThu Sep 08, 05 9:03 am    Fort stevens Reply with quote

Yesterday was all time, nice long 6-7' swell sets, 70 degrees and blowin steady 22. Only a few other kiters out...best day of the year. I heard sauvies was packed?? why dont people drive a few more miles to get out of the gutter?

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostThu Sep 08, 05 10:55 am     Reply with quote

Sounds good. Might have to do that today since I rode at Sauvies (the gutter) yesterday for 6 hours with plenty of nasal enemas. Now my nose is an espresso machine of snot. MMMMM tasty. Very Happy

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Sep 08, 05 11:55 am     Reply with quote

I would if I could but I can't... seriously its the worst possible day to take off from work for me, but I still considered it. Sauvies after hours will have to suffice.

Have fun at the coast guys. Thumb's Up

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2573 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Sep 08, 05 12:00 pm     Reply with quote

The best part about Ft. Stevens yesterday was a rare appearance by The D. That and the South Jizzle all the way to the Seaside Summerhouse sizzle.

That's 15 mizzles of shizzle!

captain crusty

Since 30 Aug 2005
92 Posts
PDX

PostThu Sep 08, 05 3:24 pm     Reply with quote

Wind slither, were you with the group of 10 or 15 kites that were goin all the way around 2pm? Me and my bro saw yall comin down the line, and keep goin! great day man best ever?
Laughing

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostThu Sep 08, 05 9:25 pm     Reply with quote

Amery, Erv, Ken, Jeff, Tim and I got to the spit around 3 today and did the downwinder to the wreck. Good first run, went to do it again and it died so we went to Manzo for a sunset sesh and got skunked. That salt water cleared the Sauvie sewage outta me like sauerkraut. Swell was only about 4 feet but still a good time. Cool

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Sep 09, 05 7:15 am     Reply with quote

Ahhh man wish I coulda got some of that sweet wave action, work sucks! Had to settle for a late/short sesh at Sauvies until the wind cut out and I had one of my biggest walks of shame ever!

The shame! The shame! Mad

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri Sep 09, 05 9:38 am     Reply with quote

No Shame Dax.....
Shame would have been no riding at all, besides you were making the skim work for all it was worth with the small kite you were using.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Sep 09, 05 5:44 pm     Reply with quote

Well cheers Steve, guess I was just bummed I only got 45 minutes of kiting in.

Might be awhile before us PDX'ers see Sauvies again... looks like it's back to highway 84... bummer with $3 a gallon. Oh well its worth it. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: