Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Turbo2 versus Fuel: Pluses and Minuses?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jimmyc

Since 04 Aug 2005
74 Posts
Cape Cod, MA

PostMon Jul 16, 07 10:38 am    Turbo2 versus Fuel: Pluses and Minuses? Reply with quote

Anyone here that has switched from Fuels to Turbo2s? What have you dfound are the big differences? Especially concerning freestyle tricks, unhooked tomfoolery, how are the T2s with that?

Thanks! Very Happy

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostMon Jul 16, 07 12:31 pm    Different Platforms Reply with quote

Here is a review of the TD II

http://www.theringmedia.com/PDFS/TheKiteboarder/TheKiteboarder.June07.pdf Very Happy

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostMon Jul 16, 07 4:22 pm     Reply with quote

fuel +
tD2 -

Wink

sorry I've only flown the TD2 and not the fuel. I think if you're coming from a c-kite you might want to stick with it if those are your alternatives. The general difference would be less direct feel, more depower. The kite felt like it had a delay when turning. It was powerful when it turned, but I found it hard to time and jump. Disclaimer: I ride C's and SLE's I have tested a lot of different bows, but never found any I really liked. My TD2 demo was maybe 20 mins, so things might have been different after more time. There are some great deal on the link if you want to stick with SS brand.

A.

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Jul 16, 07 4:46 pm     Reply with quote

who cares what type of kite it is, as long as it says SLINGSHOT

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostMon Jul 16, 07 4:48 pm     Reply with quote

gabe wrote:
who cares what type of kite it is, as long as it says SLINGSHOT

lol, then if you're going for a kite with more depower I think the link is better.

a.

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostMon Jul 16, 07 6:31 pm    TD II's Rock Hard and Jump really @#$@# High! Reply with quote

I'm on TD II's
I've flown Fuels and I like them, but I'm old and like the depower of the TD II platform.

Fuels have a place for handle passing big loop crazy young fun pop stuff. I'm no expert but len10 is and that is the Platform he chooses.

But, if you want to have fun in surf and jump really big then you should go for the TD II. The range of my 11 meter is really amazing.

I've been in 25 mph averages with 30 gusts and the depower allows me to stay out!

On a light day I take my 11 out and have a great time in 16 mph averages.

The TD II has no inversion problems and turns just a bit slower than last year. They are the only kite I will fly..

You can't go wrong with Slingshot kites.

Very Happy

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostMon Jul 16, 07 8:46 pm     Reply with quote

i love my T2s. they actually work sick for freestyle they just take some ajusting to. alot of people never take the time to figure out how to do things with bowkites so they asume they suck because they fly so diferiently. once you do thake the time to figure them out though they are sick. the one thing they cant do as well as the fuel is kiteloop unhooked. but there are some big advantages over the fuel also like relaunch, low end, and depower.

sentone

Since 10 Feb 2006
66 Posts

PostTue Jul 17, 07 11:01 am     Reply with quote

both kites rock hard ....but it depends on your style and conditions..the fuels pull more square and snap more violent ie the wake stlye guys love it they dont roll into there pop they snap watch len 10 and youll see the desired effects......in the waves its nice to have the depower of the td2.nothing better than powering up and carving your drops then sheeting out and laying down board speed bottom turns and carving top hits without being pulled out the back .......for sure 2 different grooves...the fuels can kick your ass if you dont pay respect they do depower but not as much as the td2 or td as for un hooking make sure you pick the right size at least 1 or 2 kite size smaller these kites pull beyond belief unhooked and getting back to your bar and loop if overpowerd is .............heavey....at least ....if you need hands on comparsion go to the source the crew at SLINGSHOT... RULE.....and will definitly hook you up with the right combo.......be safe..have FUN Exclamation Exclamation Arrow Exclamation

boredbrain

Since 16 Feb 2006
352 Posts
Hood River
Obsessed

PostTue Jul 17, 07 1:48 pm    Slingy is demo-ing them Reply with quote

Contact shy or amery for a demo. nothing better than try before you buy Very Happy

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jul 17, 07 2:23 pm     Reply with quote

Yo Jimmy,

You’re getting the strait up feedback here from these guys. Definitely listen the kiteboard117 (Tucker) he’s really got the T2 dialed. Check it out: http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-5306.html Shocked

I rode the 14m T2 last weekend at the sandbar. Nice kite, lot’s of power. I still primarily ride Fuels, but the T2 definitely has its place.

Get in on a demo if you can. Also might want to wait just a bit to see what SS is going to launch next… Wink Shocked Wink

Tucker Off!.jpg 

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostTue Jul 17, 07 3:43 pm     Reply with quote

Jimmy,
Shymac posted a while ago that you can demo them at Slingy's HQ in Stevenson. Here's a link to the post.

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-4987.html

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostWed Jul 18, 07 1:49 am     Reply with quote

kiteboard117 wrote:
i love my T2s. they actually work sick for freestyle they just take some ajusting to. alot of people never take the time to figure out how to do things with bowkites so they asume they suck because they fly so diferiently. once you do thake the time to figure them out though they are sick. the one thing they cant do as well as the fuel is kiteloop unhooked. but there are some big advantages over the fuel also like relaunch, low end, and depower.

I am sure you're right, and I was trying to write that in my..haven't-had-more-than-20-mins-on-the-kite disclaimer Smile

I do tend to make up my mind quickly when I feel the kite..I guess that have both advantages and disadvantages...of course to get kite dialed one needs time.

Smile
A

jimmyc

Since 04 Aug 2005
74 Posts
Cape Cod, MA

PostWed Jul 18, 07 4:21 am     Reply with quote

Bettyboarder wrote:
Jimmy,
Shymac posted a while ago that you can demo them at Slingy's HQ in Stevenson. Here's a link to the post.

Thanks for the info. I'm actually on the East Coast, but read/post on your forum cuz you all are in Slingshot land and get the news and try the new gear first. Anyway, I'm hoping to have an 11m to demo soon. Was told 7m and 11m are a good quiver for me ~165lbs.

Thanks again...will also keep an eye out for the Rev and whatever else the mad scientists at SS come up with.

Peace out. Very Happy

endoshred

Since 22 May 2006
232 Posts
HR
Stoked

PostWed Jul 18, 07 7:38 am     Reply with quote

damn! that photo of tucker on the T2. doesnt he need a pilots license to fly that high?

maybe i need to try those kites.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Jul 18, 07 8:53 am     Reply with quote

That quiver's probably about right. Since Tucker rides for SS, he's got everything, but he uses his 7 (one in the pic on a 30-35 day) and 9 the most. And he's about the same weight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: