Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Very important (to me) slingshot question.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Uberkiter

Since 20 Jun 2007
8 Posts

Kook

PostSun Jul 15, 07 6:57 am    Very important (to me) slingshot question..... Reply with quote

Hi you lot! A question for you fuelies....... Is there much difference between the 06 and the 07 fuels? Especially in the 13M division Wink I know that the 15m between 05 & 06 didnt change much at all....Just wondering about 06 & 07 really.. THANKS Smile

Uberkiter

Since 20 Jun 2007
8 Posts

Kook

PostSun Jul 15, 07 10:15 am     Reply with quote

Anyone?????

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostSun Jul 15, 07 10:39 am     Reply with quote

From what I heard, the 07s have a little more low end. I flew both an 07 and an 06 13m and couldn't really tell the difference.

Uberkiter

Since 20 Jun 2007
8 Posts

Kook

PostSun Jul 15, 07 10:55 am     Reply with quote

Hmm thats interesting, my 15 is now sold due to the bottom end being absolutely nil!

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostSun Jul 15, 07 1:42 pm     Reply with quote

i suspect the 07 has lots more depower and low end. I never flew an 06 13m, but i owned a '06 15m and opted to get an '07 13m instead of an 07 15m

I think the range on my 13m is phenomenal. I'll be inflating it when other people are riding 7m waroo's or xbows, I'll be rigging to be powered through any lulls and be perfectly lit when gusts roll through Exclamation I've had it in gusts up to 32mph (according to event site wind graph) and it is also the biggets kite i rig. I'd say the low end is almost as good as my old '06 15m fuel.

One of the main differences between 06 and 07 is the wider wing tips which make the kite turn quicker and they also work with the 07 bar to provide tons of depower. I really can't explain how the depower works so well on these kites, but it does.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Jul 15, 07 4:55 pm     Reply with quote

I'll just add the same thing as everyone else... a little more low end and more depower (a lot of which is in the bar). Feels like Tucker's '06 turn faster than my '07, but that may be because I only have mine setup for 4 line.

Uberkiter

Since 20 Jun 2007
8 Posts

Kook

PostSun Jul 15, 07 10:40 pm     Reply with quote

JUst the sort of feedback I need thank you everyone, im trying to decide between 06 & 07 13m. The low end on my 15 07 fuel was terrible so I have opted for a 17.5 M machine instead paired with a 13M fuel...... But I have noticed on my 11 and 9 07 fuels when flying in powered conditions, I am sheeting the bar right in....Is there a way to set the kite and lines up so the bar is powered up when half way up the chicken rope?
I found by pulling in the 5th line and cleating in 7 inched or so, they turn faster and the bar is powered a little further away from you....God knows how they will work when its light!

endoshred

Since 22 May 2006
232 Posts
HR
Stoked

PostMon Jul 16, 07 7:55 am     Reply with quote

i was out on my 07 15m and my 137sx last evening at the spit and was one of the last guys out and still reasonably powered. the 15m is big, and definately not as quick as an 11m. still i feel the low end is great. board selection is huge. if i had taken a bigger board i would be out very late.

a great thing about the ss bar is the ability to trim the kite on the fly. earlier in the day i kited up to the hatch on my 11m and the wind was up and down. it amazed me how just by cleating in the fifth line to flatten the kite a bit could make the kite go from feeling underpowered to feeling very powered. i just raced upwind. crazy that cleating more 5th line improves performance but sounds like you have noted it as well.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostMon Jul 16, 07 8:18 am     Reply with quote

endoshred wrote:

a great thing about the ss bar is the ability to trim the kite on the fly. earlier in the day i kited up to the hatch on my 11m and the wind was up and down. it amazed me how just by cleating in the fifth line to flatten the kite a bit could make the kite go from feeling underpowered to feeling very powered. i just raced upwind. crazy that cleating more 5th line improves performance but sounds like you have noted it as well.

That's really interesting... I have an 04 15m Fuel. Cleating in a little 5th line definitely improves the upwind performance, but it also hurts the bottom end. I wonder if the canopy profile on the 05 & later is designed to need a little 5th line pressure? Makes sense as the fifth line wasn't available in 04.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: