Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

fernridge rocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu Jul 12, 07 8:14 pm    fernridge rocks Reply with quote

anyone been hitting fern ridge its been going off daily??? darn coast has been baaddd Mad

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostFri Jul 13, 07 6:14 am     Reply with quote

I actually tried there last saturday but there was no wind in the launch area. Where do you launch from? I was at the eugene yacht club. I really hope to go there sometime, maybe this weekend.

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostFri Jul 13, 07 6:34 am     Reply with quote

Kiting at fernridge is like winning the special olympics.

G-dog

Since 04 Jan 2007
61 Posts
Portland

PostFri Jul 13, 07 3:10 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
Kiting at fernridge is like winning the special olympics.

Hey - watch what you say about fern ditch - them's my old stompin grounds. If it's windy enough to kite, you should have lots of water to yourself, can't beat that! Spike - try up near the dam (on the west side) less wind obstructions up there...

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jul 13, 07 3:18 pm     Reply with quote

i've ventured out into the windy fern 7 or 8 times. stayed upwind twice. it's just too darn gusty there.

i've tried different launches, they all sort of blow, but launching at fern ridge shores and then heading for the middle of the lake seems to work best.

my sessions near the dam have been wicked gusty. downright scary actually. have you gotten good rides there G, or are you just speculating?

fern made me realize why kiteboarding will always be a fringe sport. it's just hard to find good wind.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostFri Jul 13, 07 4:44 pm     Reply with quote

sounds good pete lets go . it was blowin again today. you ain't going to the coast till wed minimum. think no fruitsuit, just pissin' your shorts. Shocked

spike always ride side shore or on shore at the ditch it gives a few miles for that crap wind to clean up and still suck.

Only a few men I have seen have the skills to ride the ditch and return to thier launch , lots of swims for most. Seen someone swim most the way across once , miles KITE IN THE WATER. Shocked its a must ride for the very needy not recommended but warm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: