Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Calling All Coasties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostTue Jun 26, 07 8:32 pm    Calling All Coasties Reply with quote

I have a major hard-on to hit the coast next Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, back in P-town on Wednesday 3-July. I am going to pretty much follow the forcast for the most promising location. I am willing to go as far south as Pistol River, and work my way up the coast toward Sunset beach, or Not? Depending on the wind?

Anybody what to road trip with me and my dog (Olly), camp, sleep in dive motels, maybe even along the forest service road, eat at dinners and Kite in the surf all day long? PM me for more details.

Can the collective NWkite.com members,lukers add to the list of kite friendly lauching locations?

Sunset Beach
Manzo
Seiltz
New Port south jetty

Thanks in advance

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
182 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostWed Jun 27, 07 7:59 am    Re: Calling All Coasties Reply with quote

You may want to check the coast forecast, shitty SW winds thru sunday. No forecast info for Mon and Tues other than Monday is predicted to be partly sunny. Even the dive motels fill-up for 4th of July week. Travel on 101 will be hell on Tues, Wed and Thurs, so choose your battles wisely.

Newport not New Port. Wednesday is the 4th, not the 3rd, and you forgot to mention Whiskey Run near Bandon for a spot to hit--it is the holy water.

I hope the forecast turns for the better for us all. . .

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Jun 27, 07 8:49 am     Reply with quote

Beware of nay-saying Sleestacks. They like to stay in their caves when the wind blows. Question Laughing

Southerlies can be a blast!

Good luck!

jbrickner

Since 29 Aug 2006
5 Posts

Kook

PostWed Jun 27, 07 10:36 am     Reply with quote

I'll be in Manzanita all weekend and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Private Message me if you want to ride. I'm looking for some people to join me. DOn't really want to head out solo.

rich

Since 30 Nov 2005
306 Posts
portland
Obsessed

PostWed Jun 27, 07 11:20 am     Reply with quote

I will be out that way, unless the gorge is rockin'. I'll drop a line if I'm in the vacinity. Maybe we can get a downwinder together.

There is a chance I'll head down to floras too. Haven't been yet, & I wanna checkItOut! If any of you will be down that way lemme know and we can talk some shit and get together.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: