Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kiteboard rescue by boat or jetski
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Diggy

Since 25 Nov 2006
342 Posts
Gorge to Coast
Obsessed

PostTue Jun 26, 07 7:03 pm    Ski Rescue Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanks to the (unknown) fellow that picked me up on the ski the other week when my chicken loop accidently came unhooked and my leashes safety release let go unexpectedly.

Also big thanks to Forrest whom recovered my kite. Thanks a millions! My kite was floating upwind near the east side of the spit and several dogs started swimming out around it and I was very worried about them getting tangled in the lines that were in the water when he grabbed the kite and pulled it to shore before any harm was done. (Dammit, don’t change the subject!)

Karma points to all whom helped me out. I’m looking to pay the assistance forward… (Still owe you a beer though.)

I have a ski that I will often bring out with me and I can say that I would not consider charging anyone that I rescue. Of course beer would always be appreciated. Actually I bought my ski just because I figured it would open up areas for KB and my friends could come get me if needed.

I agree it shouldn't be taken for granted that a ski will come rescue you. Also, unless its life or death I would have a major problem with someone jumping on my ski unless I specifically tell you too; also have a problem if you ask (WTF). If you see someone that needs help your welcome to point it out to me.

As a beginner I would have paid something for knowing that someone is out on a ski or other small craft watching out for me and my gear should assistance be needed; but the $$$ per rescue approach don't seem cool. Perhaps a shuttle for kiters (especially newbies) to a less crowded area with water support type of service..?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: