Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

the final score: kite community 2, mother nature 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostTue Jun 26, 07 3:09 pm    the final score: kite community 2, mother nature 1 Reply with quote

so, kind of a corny post; but i'm really bored and tired at work (about to fall asleep at my desk) and i want to get off the whole dog topic thing. Actually, i really just want to leave work and hit happy hour, but.... i can't do that for another 51 minutes....

Anyway, I think it is awesome that our community can take on and deal with whatever mother nature can throw at us. That is saying a lot, because the sandbar was in such bad bad bad bad shape this spring and now, it's almost unreal that we cleaned everything off there. Thanks again to everyone and i hope ya'll enjoyed the kegs after each work party. Cool

kite community score 2, present day sandbar
 kite community score 2, present day sandbar  netcam070625.jpg 
kite community score 1, after first cleanup
 kite community score 1, after first cleanup  070604netcam.jpg 
mother nature score 1
 mother nature score 1  Copy of sandbar November 06.jpg 

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jun 26, 07 6:03 pm     Reply with quote

Second cleanup crew:

Again sorry I couldn't be there, hopefully I put in enough karma on the first one...

The new bar looks awesome. We are truly lucky this year to have a great sandbar and a great community that cares about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: