Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

slingshot T2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kuczwas

Since 14 Jun 2007
6 Posts

Kook

PostThu Jun 14, 07 3:33 pm    slingshot T2 Reply with quote

hey guys,
looks like i can get a good deal on new 07 T2s but really no chance to demo them.
if any of you rides them, could you write your impressions of these kites?
i've been flying 06 waroos so far, intermediate, started last fall, 180lbs.

thanks, George.

Spike

Since 13 May 2007
1414 Posts
Alameda
Spelling Expert

PostThu Jun 14, 07 8:05 pm     Reply with quote

Can't tell you much about how it compares to others cause it's all I've ever used. But what they say bout wind range is true, I'm new at all this and have very little difficulty in 25mph+ winds (not as fun but definitely not out of control) and can keep going in 15mph Relaunch is easy and I love how the bar has the depower setting right by the chicken loop. So far I only have an 11m which seems to cover quite a range, I weigh 155

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostThu Jun 14, 07 8:06 pm    Great Kites! Reply with quote

I have a 9, 11, and 14

I've sailed all of them and no inversion problem at all. The new safety works great. They fly better than last years and all the bars have the 51 cm of throw, so there is no adjusting the one bar.

Great Kites!

sentone

Since 10 Feb 2006
66 Posts

PostThu Jun 14, 07 11:14 pm     Reply with quote

ahhhh the t2.....GREAT KITE.......huge range.....as much as i liked the t1 the t2 is well ,,,refined....more balanced not as fast and seems to pull more centered.....boosts huge and is real stable in the water and off...... the depower is quick and clean which makes wave rideing that much sweeter......with a 7 and a 11 im covered from 14 to 40 in light winds the 55 srt and 11........over 25 drop to the 7 and fuse great combo good traveler...... may sound like a slingshot pimp..... so im pimpen on......... Exclamation Exclamation Arrow Arrow Idea Idea

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostFri Jun 15, 07 5:14 am    Demo? Reply with quote

The new TD II's fly a tad bit slower than last years, but the low end grunt power is all there. The depower cleat works great. I've had my 11 out in 15 mph to 25 mph and no problems.
They swallow up extreme gusts with little or no effort, kite just pops forward and let's the wind dump out the back.

I've had the 14 out twice on really light 13mph days at the spit. Really stable kite, it just hangs there. I was able to back flip on port and stabord.

I love em! If they were girls I do em, but my blow up would get jealous,
Later,
Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: