Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hooks, Flesh, and Kiteboarding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
314 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue May 29, 07 9:13 am    Hooks, Flesh, and Kiteboarding Reply with quote

Since Bulae99 has already been fittingly and figuratively dismembered (with C-4 languistic explosives) by others, I don't see fit to further criticize Sir L Ron Jeremy for his irresponsible and thoroughly perverse pulic proverbs on this public forum.

However, I do wish to criticize the individual who, on Monday afternoon, kiteboarded north (inside) of the large white round channel markers designating the mouth of the White Salmon river. It was with disbelief I witnessed a sunglass wearing/Turbo Diesel flying/Slingshot board riding yet-to-be-identified kiteboarder ride within 15 feet of five fisherpeops seated on the western bank fishing plank and casting into the White Salmon. Said kiteboarder could have easily been snagged by a line, or worse yet, hooked deep within his intimate tissues. Bickle's advise column: do not kiteboard within 133 feet of fisher folk.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostTue May 29, 07 9:30 am     Reply with quote

Don't hate the player TBR maybe said kiter was just bringing it to the people. I would say if you are in casting distance you are fair game - with that in mind - this could be a new extreme version of our sport.

Free piercings and fun for all - I imagine if was sitting on the bank not cathcing jack this might brighten my whole day. Got me a 180 pound douche bag - taste like sealion.

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostTue May 29, 07 9:40 am     Reply with quote

Gman wrote:

I imagine if was sitting on the bank not cathcing jack this might brighten my whole day. Got me a 180 pound douche bag - taste like sealion.

Dude, I don't think you would want to eat a 180 pound douche bag - it might be a little salty Shocked

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostTue May 29, 07 10:04 am     Reply with quote

Give fishermen their space. Someone rode behind my dads boat and snaged his line and lure and took both with them(probably snaged on a fin) 2 years ago and he is still pissed. We do not need the bad press just stay away from people fishing.

eskeeme

Since 23 May 2007
44 Posts
White Salmon

PostTue May 29, 07 10:23 am     Reply with quote

Stay clear of those guys! I love to fish and it always sucks when someone comes right near were I'm fishin on the river and scares the fish away! I've been dealin with this for years!

Yes, it is cool to watch people havin fun on the river! You can see most of the way across it. You don't need to be 30ft. from them. Trust me, they will all appreciate it!

boredbrain

Since 16 Feb 2006
352 Posts
Hood River
Obsessed

PostTue May 29, 07 6:31 pm    who cares? Reply with quote

No one cares about your tricks or mine for that matter. Shocked

Get it! Only kiters care about that crap Evil or Very Mad

If you get off on doing tricks, cool, no one else cares.

Bringing it to the people, give me a break. Attention Whores go home!

Do it for yourself or don't do it, thats what my ma told me!

Fishermen HATE anything that can scare fish, don't be their reason for not catching something.

Peace out

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostTue May 29, 07 10:16 pm    Re: who cares? Reply with quote

boredbrain wrote:

Bringing it to the people, give me a break. Attention Whores go home!

Bring it to the Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

EdG

Since 19 Dec 2005
424 Posts
Just a Kook that's
Obsessed

PostWed May 30, 07 5:52 pm     Reply with quote

eskeeme wrote:
Stay clear of those guys! I love to fish and it always sucks when someone comes right near were I'm fishin on the river and scares the fish away! I've been dealin with this for years!

I just backed a boat out of dock with Bass behind the boat. As I pulled out, they moved over 3 feet!!! Disbelief, I thought they would swim away when the boat started. Fish don't move like that.

I do agree that we should stay away from the beach people, and I don't want to get hooked by a line Shocked Shocked

When does Bass season open in NY Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostWed May 30, 07 10:06 pm     Reply with quote

Only Fisherman and windsurfers should be allowed on the Columbia, kiters are the future cruel exclusion victims of natural selection......won't be soon enough. Twisted Evil

broadbandito

Since 26 Apr 2005
342 Posts
CSO headwaters
WheatHead

PostThu May 31, 07 6:14 am     Reply with quote

Bickler, I suggest increasing that buffer distance to 666 feet, just for consistency. There are no suitable death metal emoticons at my fingertips, so imagine one here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: