Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Wednesday with Steve-O

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 17, 07 6:46 am    Wednesday with Steve-O Reply with quote

windy at stevenson last night... swell was huuuge.... i was able to surf it a little on my little twin tip and a 7... fun stuff....

lesson learned about towing people in... a 7 is too small for two people. Shocked

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostThu May 17, 07 8:03 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the botched tow in yesterday Elvis.

Blowing your LE in the middle of the river @ Stevenson sux!!

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
613 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostThu May 17, 07 9:09 am     Reply with quote

what happened to flexy shay?? should have rode sauvies where that LE will hold up a little longer. ha. serves you right for passing up on PBR and topher sending out that little dog to pee on all our gear!

no but seriously bummer dude. you patching it up for another today??

Speedo

Since 07 May 2007
262 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu May 17, 07 9:11 am     Reply with quote

pacifichigh wrote:
Blowing your LE in the middle of the river @ Stevenson sux!!

Hey! I thought this was a family forum! Wink

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostThu May 17, 07 9:26 am     Reply with quote

My kite crashed hard LE down and one of the tubes that goes from the LE to the strut (for one pump) failed at the nipple on the LE.

She is all back together already, but I had to use a shop vac to get all the H2O out of the bladder.

shredjim

Since 07 Jun 2006
186 Posts

Stoked

PostThu May 17, 07 12:09 pm     Reply with quote

I saw a guy riding a Fuel 5 in Brazil in 40 knots and when he crashed it REAL hard it blew the leading edge bladder. When another kiter brought it to shore, we saw that the Italian guy who owned it was lucky. It appears that when you slam SS kites extra hard into the water it blows a strut connector tube off instead of breaking a hole in the LE bladder and kite material like what happens to most other kites - what a cool safety feature. Sure you have to swim back to the beach, but it beats having to pay Airtime about $150 to repair your kite. The Italian guy was out the next day with the same kite and a huge smile on his face.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: