Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Jones 5-15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue May 15, 07 8:24 pm    Jones 5-15 Reply with quote

Jones was way nukin today. I started out slightly underpowered on my 10m and ended up overpowered. And I usually ride a 15m at the sandbar... (OK, I'm not light! Very Happy ) It was just me out there; as I was leaving another guy showed up, but he didn't go out while I was there. His smallest was a 11m TD2 which was too big for a 175 lb guy. Gusts at the beach were over 30, stronger over on the WA side.

On the way home, Kalama was whitecapping at 5:00PM. I checked out the beach just west of the Longview bridge, kind of a wind shadow there. Really whitecapping out in the center of the river and a little west, but about 12 - 13 mph at the beach. Looks like it might be good for a beginner though... Just stay clear of the wing dams!

Nak

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostTue May 15, 07 9:48 pm     Reply with quote

Must of just missed you Nak - Shay & Chris and I all Lit on 7ms till sunset - think Taku was about to fly-off, some shots of Boardrider - sick swell in Nuclear Alley

Chris.jpg 
   Chris sunset.jpg 
   Taku Shay.jpg 
   IMG_2339.jpg 
   IMG_2338.jpg 

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostWed May 16, 07 8:19 am     Reply with quote

Nuke-takU-lar. That was some fun swell North side. Kind of bummed I missed the Demo & party though. -C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: