Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Boston Kiting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostThu May 03, 07 8:47 am    Boston Kiting Reply with quote

Anyone have any info/experiance? I'm headed out there this weekend for work and could sneak in a sesh or two if its worth slogging some gear.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 03, 07 9:26 am     Reply with quote

There are a few kiters in southern Maine. Lot's of people and not much sand.... I look for some info and post.

T & I kited off of Drakes' Island. ~D

gabe

Since 16 May 2005
475 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu May 03, 07 10:12 am     Reply with quote

try this. super steady wind as you would expect. brilliant aquamarine water too.

charles river basin.jpg 

jonah

Since 20 Jul 2006
169 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostThu May 03, 07 10:18 am     Reply with quote

i used to windsurf in boston. not sure where the best kiting spots are, but I think Revere Beach is maybe the closest thing with a sandy beach; though not the nicest place to visit. Better spots would be on the Cape (e.g. Kalmus or West Dennis beach).

My recommendation would be to call these guys:
http://www.sailworld.com/

Owner Jim Ballantyne used to live in HR.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostFri May 04, 07 5:31 am     Reply with quote

There is alot of history in boston good and lots of bad. You should tour around a bit if you have never been there. Check out old ironsides in the harbor. Lots of pretty girls.

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostFri May 04, 07 5:37 am     Reply with quote

I'm more into the pretty girls than old ironsides, saw that once as a kid.

jimmyc

Since 04 Aug 2005
74 Posts
Cape Cod, MA

PostMon May 07, 07 12:31 pm     Reply with quote

This may be too late..but anyway.

The place to kite in Boston is Pleasure Bay (PBay), it's actually in South Boston (Southie). It is a man made circular "pond", a formation of rocks with a walkway above it. It works on SW to S winds, which is a fairly typical wind direction for spring and summer in New England. PBay is flat water riding. It can get crowded on a good day with 20+ kiters in a not-so-large area. After that, there are a few spots on the northshore (Revere) and other places. Unfortunately I don't know much about them.

Cape Cod, where I live, is 1-2 hours south of Boston, depending on where you are heading. It is one of the most consistently windy spot on New England, with many good places to ride. If you need more information just shoot me a PM.

Good luck, hope you have a good visit.

Cape Cod has good late spring through late fall riding. Typical wind is SW or NE
 Cape Cod has good late spring through late fall riding. Typical wind is SW or NE  capeCod.gif 
PBay..it looks dirty, and it is....
 PBay..it looks dirty, and it is....  pbay.gif 

jimmyc

Since 04 Aug 2005
74 Posts
Cape Cod, MA

PostWed May 09, 07 8:12 am     Reply with quote

Here are some pics from PBay from yesterday 05/08/2007...nice flatness...http://tinyurl.com/22kgb9

groundclown

Since 12 May 2007
135 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostSat May 12, 07 12:44 pm     Reply with quote

Look up Mike with Leading Edge Kite School at http://www.kiteboston.com or email: mike@kiteboston.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: