Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

MORE PUPPY!!
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jack

Since 12 Mar 2006
211 Posts

Stoked

PostThu May 03, 07 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

elvis,

most of the baja dogs end up in the medium ranger 40 to 60 lbs and are very very healthy and incredibly well behaved once you get passed the language barrier...

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 03, 07 2:27 pm     Reply with quote

jack wrote:
elvis,

most of the baja dogs end up in the medium ranger 40 to 60 lbs and are very very healthy

that's about the right size... still wouldn't hurt to see it a few weeks later after this post... does grom check this very often? or should I just email him?

jack wrote:
and incredibly well behaved once you get passed the language barrier...

good thing i speak spanish... Wink

tonyb

Since 09 Oct 2006
973 Posts
Stevenson in the summer & SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostThu May 03, 07 10:58 pm     Reply with quote

I called Grom and Shan today and asked them to post another pic as soon as they get a chance. They still have the puppy and just made it to Tuscon this evening and will be heading to SPI to meet up with us down there by Monday. They've gone to a lot of trouble to rescue it, get it healthy, feed it, teach it to behave, etc... and are hoping to find a good home for it. I'm the one who told them it couldn't land at our house as we have too many animals already and that they should drop it off at the no-kill animal shelter in San Diego.

Not sure I understand the USA dogs deserve to live more than Mexican dogs. I figure you save the ones you can when you can. I'm pretty sure this is puppy #2 that Grom and Shan have rescued and found a home for.

Anyway - like all good kids they ignored our suggestions and are working their way cross country trying to find it a good home. I don't think it will end up at the shelter but we really can't take in another pet at this time. Someone jump in and make her a home - please! Smile

shannon

Since 15 Aug 2006
126 Posts

Bolstad Clan

PostFri May 04, 07 8:57 am     Reply with quote

I took these pictures of Conkie this morning. As you can see, she's just smaller than a car tire but will probably be about the size of a black lab. Most people think that she has black lab in her but we don't know what else. She is such a sweetheart and hasn't been a problem the whole way. We will be very sad to give her up. However, being a kid it is already hard to get someone to rent me an appartment and with a dog it makes it that much harder.

Thank you to everyone who has concern about saving puppies. If you want to help more, there is a program run in La Ventana called PAWS that rescues many puppies though out the year. They supply dog food, vet trips, and kennels for every puppy that needs a home. They always need support and if you would like to know more contact Angie at bajajoe@yahoo.com

hollway.JPG 
   car tire.JPG 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: