Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

CGKA meeting May 6th @ Full Sail Pub
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 02, 07 4:37 pm     Reply with quote

When I'm king, everyone will get free kites! MuAHHHAhaA! Razz

Seriously though, could someone take notes and post them to the forum for those of us that are out of town? OR! What about having a dial-in so people who can't make it can conference call in.

We should go at these elections in an organized fashion, maybe the Windsurfers could host it? Un-interested party?

I'm definitely down to take an active role in the CGKA.

PS: Just sold my 14m Waroo in England, with the exchange rate and lack of taxes and duties the guy who bought it got a killer deal and I got almost enough for a new kite!

FlyinElvis wrote:
i'm not going to make it... my mom is coming in from texas.
I would like to nominate Forrest for a CGKA representative spot. He's interested in getting involved.

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostWed May 02, 07 4:49 pm     Reply with quote

pacifichigh wrote:
Tenative CGKA Agenda for 05/06/07

1. BOD nominations
2. Sandbar/ Event Site Issues-- i.e. signs, kites on the grass, etc
3. Sand Bar Clean Up
4. Summer Race Series

I am wondering if there will be a more detailed agaenda or is this what the CGKA will be going with?
Another topic that might pertain to the summer race series might be the re-establishment of the blowout.

stringy

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostWed May 02, 07 4:49 pm     Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
Seriously though, could someone take notes and post them to the forum for those of us that are out of town? ...
We should go at these elections in an organized fashion, maybe the Windsurfers could host it? Un-interested party?

i'll take notes or at least not get that drunk and remember what was talked about, and then post on nwkite.com. probably get drunk and take notes Drunk hehehe, j/k

as far as elections go, probably two weeks after the meeting we'll have an online voting system on www.cgka.net so that paid members that have provided a valid email address can register and vote via the web.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 02, 07 4:59 pm     Reply with quote

magicmaker wrote:

i'll take notes or at least not get that drunk and remember what was talked about, and then post on nwkite.com. probably get drunk and take notes Drunk hehehe, j/k

as far as elections go, probably two weeks after the meeting we'll have an online voting system on www.cgka.net so that paid members that have provided a valid email address can register and vote via the web.

Sweet, thanks!

If any help is needed on this front, I'm a half way decent coder and I'm sure we could whip up some PHP to handle this.

Also, I've been talking with PMB about some of this stuff offline and he has some good ideas about the elections, so maybe you guys who attend the meeting could spend some time to talk about the requirements of those who wish to run in these elections and what not. I'll let him post his comments.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 02, 07 5:01 pm     Reply with quote

Oh, and we should have a recruitment drive for CGKA before the elections take place to make sure we bring lots of fresh meat to the table... Elections are a good reason to cough up that 10 bucks!

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostWed May 02, 07 5:14 pm     Reply with quote

We have been throwing around doing a blowout this year, its something we really want to do but there are logistical and financial hurdles, non of which cannot be overcome.

As far as an agenda goes, we are not building the space shuttle here, if there are things you all feel need to be discussed PM me and it will be discussed.

Stoked to see people energized about making things happen!!!!

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 02, 07 10:45 pm     Reply with quote

pacifichigh wrote:

I think we should all take a moment and thank Mr PacificHigh for all his work keeping us up2date on this forum! Thanks dude, your communication has turned things around quite a bit in just a few weeks!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu May 03, 07 6:19 am     Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
pacifichigh wrote:

I think we should all take a moment and thank Mr PacificHigh for all his work keeping us up2date on this forum! Thanks dude, your communication has turned things around quite a bit in just a few weeks!

True! Thumb's Up

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu May 03, 07 8:54 am     Reply with quote

Thanks to all who have worked hard on our behalf. I will be in Seattle celebrating my new wifes big b-day. Please post info and keep us informed.
Mark

www.naishkites.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: