Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

CGKA Meeting - Sunday, May 6, 2007 7:00pm - Full Sail Pub

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostSat Apr 21, 07 6:29 pm    CGKA Meeting - Sunday, May 6, 2007 7:00pm - Full Sail Pub Reply with quote

Come shake off your hangover from cinco de mayo and represent. This date is two weeks out and on the weekend so no excuses!

7:00 Full Sail Brew Pub Deck

Last edited by pacifichigh on Tue May 01, 07 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4204 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSat Apr 21, 07 6:42 pm     Reply with quote

How about "I'll be in Bangkok"? Sad

I have a question that I was going to ask at the meeting, so I'll post it here. I have to apologize, because I think I got the new spit rules wrong... I understand about the no pumping up or kites on the grass thing, not complaining or anything. I'm just seeking clarification. Is it OK to carry your inflated kite over the grass to your car? I usually deflate my leading edge at the truck and toss it in back. If this is against the rules I won't do it anymore. I thought the restriction was against inflating or leaving your kite on the grass. Reading some of the other threads has left me wondering about this. I can't find this question answered anywhere, maybe I just missed it? Again, I'm not complaining, just seeking clarification.

Nak

Garret

Since 07 Sep 2006
254 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostMon Apr 23, 07 6:18 am     Reply with quote

Good to see the CGKA is moving ahead with the next meeting. I would like to suggest that we have it somewhere inside (charburger, one of the downtown bars?) where we can sit down and have an agenda handed out and minutes taken. Last meeting at the spit was a little unorganized because I think people didn't know what the agenda items were and when they were going to be discussed. I propose that the CGKA leaders post a set of agenda items for the meeting and then members can add them to the post prior to the meeting. Just some thoughts-- thanks

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostMon Apr 23, 07 1:05 pm     Reply with quote

We will post an agenda before the meeting and the location is still a works in progress. Details to come.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostTue Apr 24, 07 7:49 pm     Reply with quote

Sad I'll be in England until the 16th. Sorry I can't make it.

kitekrib

Since 13 Mar 2007
7 Posts

Kook

PostWed Apr 25, 07 9:15 am     Reply with quote

what is the prob w/ pumping up in the grass? if their gonna let us park in their lot why not pump up on the fuckin grass? i dont want to tote shit out to the sand bar! how come wind surfers dont have 2 haul all their shit out their? yea the event site has always been theirs but times r fuckin changing and the kiters who pump/deflate up on the grass r hurtin nobody! i can see the probs. when all the summer toads come back but we just need 2 set'em straight!! the host saw me walking my kite 2 the grass to deflate and waived and said nothing.....i thing a lot of you out their just like 2 BITCH about stupid shit 2 much!! get over it and just have fun!!! everybody is smilin on the water and givin stink eye in the p-lot!!! Twisted Evil Drunk Alien

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostWed Apr 25, 07 9:38 am     Reply with quote

How many members does the CGKA have now?

Mark
Ps I joined.

www.naishkites.com

kitekrib

Since 13 Mar 2007
7 Posts

Kook

PostWed Apr 25, 07 10:16 am     Reply with quote

too many...good 4 u!

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostThu Apr 26, 07 7:00 am     Reply with quote

Mark -- There are 50+ singed up & paid members in the CGKA and its always growing.

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostThu Apr 26, 07 7:59 am     Reply with quote

how about we move the meeting to the fullsail pub? where there is a deck with chairs & tables; we could actually sit and be somewhat organized. I tihnk the deck capacity has room for 70, and it is much better than standing down by the cold windy river later at night.

just a thought Idea

Garret

Since 07 Sep 2006
254 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostThu Apr 26, 07 8:38 am     Reply with quote

I agree-- I will even buy the forst round of beer Smile[/quote]

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostThu Apr 26, 07 9:29 am     Reply with quote

I like it! I'll call full sail, anyone have a contact there.

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostThu Apr 26, 07 9:47 am     Reply with quote

i actually talked to the GM last night and asked him about it. I told him at most we would probably have 50 people show up. He was totally cool with it and just asked us to let him know if we were going to have it there. I'm pretty sure his name is Robert.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: