Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sabfoil Kraken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostSun Nov 13, 22 6:09 pm    Sabfoil Kraken Reply with quote

Kite Foil Question
Any users? Comments?
Looking at updating my old school aluminum 90cm foil to a new Sabfoil Kraken with 103cm mast. Any thoughts / recommendations?

I wish our local brand continued their $$ support for F&F.
Times change and I'm now changing brand preference. I'm really looking hard at Sabfoil.

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostMon Nov 14, 22 6:57 pm     Reply with quote

so kraken is pretty new so not a lot of reviews yet. I got a 93cm for wingfoiling. its heavy AF. with you coming from Alu you won't mind the extra weight. it feels stiff especially when compared to my 91cm moses. I'd give you some feedback for use with kiting, however I only use this mast for wingfoiling. pepi at pure stoke might be able to provide a better review. its a good shape for a mast. the top plate is sold seperately. go with the carbon top plate over the aluminum. its a half pound lighter. they also offer a kit to make it quick change but honestly I don't understand it being the best solution for quick change.
TBH you can't go wrong with Sabfoil as they have a pretty diverse selection of wings.
I can only assume who you are referring to as a "local" brand.

keep in mind there are two "local" mast builders in the gorge area.

www.projectcedrus.com

www.nolimitz.com

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostMon Nov 14, 22 9:21 pm     Reply with quote

Stringy
Thanks for the heads up on the local mast builders !!!
This is really interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: