Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sunday 10/9/22 Stevenson save

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dennybadger

Since 17 Jul 2017
2 Posts

PostMon Oct 10, 22 1:01 pm    Sunday 10/9/22 Stevenson save Reply with quote

After some challenges I got separated from my foil board on Sunday morning. That separation welcomed a vigorous open water swim dragging a wing. After swimming for longer than I care to admit I was lucky to flag a kiter down and he dragged my sorry-ass downwind to my board. It was a struggle for both of us with many downloops on his part and waterboarding on my part (not complaining).

Dave S. saw the Octoberfest happening and secured the board from going further. Thank you Dave and you get the coveted David Hasselhoff award! I know where you work/live and will be stopping by.

I am seeking the kiter that dragged me downwind to thank him. I was running on fumes when I got to the board and my only thoughts were to quickly get back the beach. Not sure if I thanked him and please "Private Message" me your contact information.

He had a helmet, mirrored sunglasses, yellow twin-tip board, Cabrinha kite, and a very strong kiter. If you know him please direct him to this post to contact me.

Please keep watching for others in need and ride with a buddy. My buddy was on the beach and actually saw me swimming, I thought he was right behind me.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue Oct 11, 22 5:21 am     Reply with quote

Great that everything worked out! Much respect to Dave S and the "Kiter with the mirrored sunglasses." (Kind of has a 007 sound to it... Very Happy )

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue Oct 11, 22 5:57 am    Re: Sunday 10/9/22 Stevenson save Reply with quote

dennybadger wrote:
Please keep watching for others in need and ride with a buddy.

Glad things worked out, but as a wise man (named Schey) once told me at Stevie, "Everyone's their own captain on the river".

Not saying the buddy system isn't good when it's an option. But going out with dependence of others to help you if you get in trouble is a bad idea. The better take away is prevention (board leash?) and preparation in case things go wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V48ZQWRmZwY

Image3.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: