Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingshot Burner XR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostThu Aug 25, 22 12:40 am    Slingshot Burner XR? Reply with quote

Can't find any reviews on this new board. I ride a 2019 Mixer and am curious how it compares. Anyone spend any time on this board yet, and what are your thoughts, in what conditions? I'd be riding the 5'8" in typical corridor or Rufus swell.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostThu Aug 25, 22 7:53 am     Reply with quote

Specs look nice! I'd like to think it could work strapless as a thruster, and strapped as a quad for the coast with a heavier rider like me.

Are you going for strapped or strapless? Just swell riding,or more?

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 26, 22 10:31 am     Reply with quote

I ride with straps on river swell. The Mixer is a groveler board which works well in what we usually get here, and is quite snappy - not sure if that's a result of the tail shape or it being a quad. I ride with large fins and tend to push it hard, as well as jump it quite a bit. I don't get to the coast and don't ride big waves; wouldn't call what we get on the river here "waves", for the most part.

I rode the Mixer and Celero FR back to back for a season and found the Mixer better suited to my preferences. (Where the Celero shined, for me, was in head-high+ days at Rufus with more drawn-out set-the-rail carves). So I'm eager to feel how this swallowtail rides, especially as a quad, but love the option to try it out as a thruster and maybe even dualie (been watching lots of two-fin surf videos with curiosity).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: