Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Directional board recommendations
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Bear

Since 16 Feb 2013
33 Posts
Tacoma

PostSat Aug 06, 22 9:08 am     Reply with quote

Love your post McLovin.
So true about the pressure we put on ourselves to try the next latest and greatest. I can spend a long time improving my skills on a TT and I have been really enjoying it. Bear

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostSun Aug 07, 22 7:32 pm     Reply with quote

Check out http://nwkite.com/forums/t-52220.html, just posted, probably fits your bill.

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Aug 10, 22 9:30 am     Reply with quote

Slappysan wrote:

I would suggest you try and pick up an older OR Jester for the style of riding you are describing. The green ones had strap inserts and were really nice boards for powered wave riding (but dogshit at unpowered surfing). The current offerings from OR only the Duke has inserts but it's a tad big IMO.

Bingo! http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-52216.html

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostFri Aug 12, 22 7:00 pm     Reply with quote

Bear wrote:
Love your post McLovin.
So true about the pressure we put on ourselves to try the next latest and greatest. I can spend a long time improving my skills on a TT and I have been really enjoying it. Bear

I bought a real kitesurfboard after trying older naish kitesurfboards from the early 2000's that I couldn't make work. I was using TT's mostly, and found them to be boring (but showy) compared to windsurfing (NOT WINGSURFING!!!). I almost sold my kite gear and went back to windsurfing, except for the 2011 north whip (was a quad back then). That board rocked and changed my whole feeling toward kiting.

Strap wise, with my surfing background, I wanted nothing to do with them. But I forced myself to learn to jibe with the straps. Then I took them off. Strapless was fun, but eventually I wanted back in on the faster pace strapped riding.

So yeah, me too. We all buy into the pressure. Strapless, directional, and lots of other "trends". But you gotta try them to find out what you really like.

ezryder111

Since 24 Dec 2012
131 Posts
SE Portland
Stoked

PostMon Aug 15, 22 1:22 am     Reply with quote

Thanks McLovin! I've been dabbling with the strapless surfboard for a few years, it's great but I'm still far from "getting it". TT however is always like an awesome day of snowboarding...full control, boosting and slashing at will! Hard to give that up Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: