Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

extreme heat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostTue Jul 26, 22 6:38 am    extreme heat Reply with quote

103 in White Salmon today -Friday , 105-113 in The Dalles. With those conditions I bring my kites and wings inside so the valves don't separate from the bladders. Can you image how hot your car will get. When we would leave our kites in Mexico for the summer separation was an issue.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue Jul 26, 22 7:12 am     Reply with quote

Yes! I used to have a terrible time with valve separation in the heat. I think they've improved the glue or construction or both. I haven't had an issue in many years and I've gotten lazy. But the black plastic box that is the kite/wing locker sitting on my car must get much hotter than anything else.

dhhr

Since 09 Jul 2015
28 Posts
Hood River

PostTue Jul 26, 22 8:50 am     Reply with quote

Speaking of heat, I'm curious about the conditions that seem to be preventing strong NW winds from happening on the coast today and tomorrow. Yesterday looked good at Florence, Manzanita and Ft Stevens, but Tues/Wed forecasts this week look cloudy and not nearly as windy, even with south winds until late Wed/thurs when the coastal forecast seems to call for winds to switch back around from the NW. Not sure why that pattern would occur and just looking to learn more about the circumstances that would cause that.

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
787 Posts

Opinionated

PostTue Jul 26, 22 3:02 pm     Reply with quote

try Jones Beach today.

jones.gif 

Last edited by hilton on Tue Jul 26, 22 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostTue Jul 26, 22 4:52 pm     Reply with quote

We have been getting these bonus sneaker winds every afternoon, I’ll be ready in my speedo tomorrow 😎

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostTue Jul 26, 22 5:09 pm     Reply with quote

I can't unsee that, John...

Eric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: