Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Moses / GW / Phantasm / RDB / Ensis compatibility
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
grigorib

Since 19 Sep 2017
244 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Feb 06, 22 11:46 am    Re: / Phantasm / compatibility Sabfoil 640 Reply with quote

phill wrote:
grigorib wrote:
phill wrote:
I have the Phantasm 633 on the 710 fuse and love it, will keep it. However for high wind and big swell, was wondering if anyone has kited the Sabfoil 940.

I have hard that the Sabfoil 679 is really not much different from the 633.

Thinking the glide on the Sabfoil 940 would expand the downwind swell riding fun over the 633.
All I want to do is ride swell.

Any thoughts?

679 has higher cruising speed than 633 because it’s 20% thinner and is more fun to ride. I believe 940 will be harder to turn on, it’ll feel like riding a railroad track. It will surf 2 feet swell but will be less playful.
I’d suggest trying 799 or Slingshot 730 for more speed and glide and stronger winds

I appreciate your suggestion and will do further research.
I ride swell by parking the kite directly above me, the 940 is a surf wing with a thin profile, yes tracky but good glide. Wingers love it.
I am looking for a foil for high wind swell and not for freestyle.
The 799 has a much thicker profile, perhaps too similar to the 633.
I have heard mixed reviews on the 679.
Once again I appreciate your suggestions.

799 is about as thick as 679 which is 20% less than 633.
High wingspan wings get bounced side to side by swell too much - that’s what I felt riding 800 and 1000 wings. But would be curious to hear if feedback on the 940 would match my expectations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: