Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Return from Cabarete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
CM

Since 06 Oct 2015
60 Posts

PostFri Jun 04, 21 6:05 am    Return from Cabarete Reply with quote

This is FYI for anyone who goes to the DR. If you are not booked to stay at an ocean front resort on Cabarete Bay,it. is near impossible to access the beach. I was there 4 months and luckily had a unit with ocean access. I never knew this b/4 I went, so I hope this might be good info to share

1surfer

Since 20 Apr 2010
354 Posts
'Ualapu'e / High Rockies
Obsessed

PostSun Jun 13, 21 9:03 am    Explain Reply with quote

I have been there many times and all of the hotels on the water have great access. Please explain exactly what you are talking about.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSun Jun 13, 21 9:10 am    Re: Explain Reply with quote

1surfer wrote:
I have been there many times and all of the hotels on the water have great access. Please explain exactly what you are talking about.

He said ->. If you are not booked to stay at an ocean front resort on Cabarete Bay, it is near impossible to access the beach.

DVS

Since 02 Mar 2009
68 Posts
Mt Hood

PostSun Jun 13, 21 9:25 pm     Reply with quote

I just flew home from there yesterday. I agree that right in Cabarete town there is not really any good parking and getting to the beach could be tricky, but just travel down the road a little bit and just on the west end of kite beach the hotels end with easy parking on the side of the road with easy access and empty beach. Best place to be kiting anyway, just down wind of the masses, in my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: