Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Explösetanic at Maryhill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostThu May 27, 21 1:46 pm    Explösetanic at Maryhill Reply with quote

Sävagetanic gusts. The resident 83 pounder would need to put on some serious weight, to convince me to point the van east...

newgraph.gif 

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 27, 21 2:38 pm     Reply with quote

Just came from the dalles. Funky winds. Super windy at secret spot then no wind at dougs and rowena. Weird direction today. Hardly any wind hood river. Then get to tunnels and it was windy with swell again.

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri May 28, 21 8:34 am     Reply with quote

SF bay area has been getting spells of "Nuclear Northerlies" spinning through. Have tried to break away for a sesh a few times and of course it's shifted offshore by the time I got through traffic... can't wait to get back to Da Hood!

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostMon May 31, 21 7:01 am    Crazy winds Reply with quote

Them were crazy winds last Thursday. I came off the water around 5:00 and someone was just gearing up to go out. They asked me how it was. I recall making the comment "great if you like winds from 5 to 50".

Turns out I was wrong. Graph says winds were 10 - 55 Very Happy

But, it did produce the occasional epic swell set. Funny thing was there were still three of us pushing for the best wave position on the same set even with these crazy winds.

crazy rufus.png 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: