Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

How to listen to music while kiting
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostFri Mar 26, 21 10:51 am    Re: NO CAPES!!! Reply with quote

McLovin wrote:
for SO many reasons...[/i]:

Enlighten us on your reasoning McCheesy. I bet ten bucks you kite with a selfie-stick.

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Mar 26, 21 3:37 pm    Re: NO CAPES!!! Reply with quote

McLovin wrote:
Gonna be the splash of COLD WATER on this thread...

my .02 listening to music while kiting is like cooking during SEX, while both are very enjoyable they ought NOT be done at the same time for SO many reasons...

Mc

Talk to me after you have boosted out of an overhead height swell at Rufus to classic rock legends Boston's "Cool the Engines" which just happens to time your jump perfectly to the music.

Moments in life worth reflecting upon... over and over and over...

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 26, 21 9:40 pm    Re: NO CAPES!!! Reply with quote

bigjohn wrote:

Talk to me after you have boosted out of an overhead height swell at Rufus to classic rock legends Boston's "Cool the Engines" which just happens to time your jump perfectly to the music.

Moments in life worth reflecting upon... over and over and over...

OK - BigJohn you paint quite a picture - gonna surprise you all here and reconsider.

Guess I just hadn't ever thought about music being a good idea given my experience. That said, I have run tunes snowboarding etc...so gonna defer to you guys with many more years experience and say at some point when your kite skills warrant, adding tunes could be interesting, tho I haven't tried it myself.

The ear protection angle is interesting? Thx

Sella, gonna take your bet tho - you owe me $10 which I'll use toward the purchase of some blue-tooth 5 headphones. I do NOT own nor have I ever even touched a selfie-stick in my entire life.

That's a 10 spot to McLovin.

Now I dine...

Mc

2021-03-26_22-19-14.png 

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSat Mar 27, 21 5:29 am    Re: NO CAPES!!! Reply with quote

McLovin wrote:

Now I dine...

Mc

McLov'n

One more thing and I'll shut up. I had a 40 year career in construction with WSDOT where each year we were required to have a complete hearing test and a review. Oddly enough my hearing looked fairly normal for decades.... then I purchased a season pass for snowboarding and Walkman with Voodoo Child. I look back now and I can see the exact month in my charts where I was cranking the tunes and shredding a bowl. I've been in hearing aids for 10+ years now. Be careful. It's so fun, and you forget with each session that you've turned the volume up a bit higher than yesterday. Kip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: