Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Lot D Setting up very nicely for Wed
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostMon Dec 07, 20 5:34 pm     Reply with quote

I did the same years ago. Set my kite down and no chance for relaunch. My oldest put the camera down and made the long walk around the lagoon and by the time we got back through the long grass my camera had been eaten up by the incoming tide. Lesson for all Smile. If anyone ever finds a cannon 30D you will know where it came from Smile

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostSat Dec 12, 20 8:14 am     Reply with quote

Correct me if I’m wrong but Lot D seems to be set up pretty good for today. ESE with an early high tide at around 10-10:30am. Looks like it could be a fairly strong ebb, though, so not sure if that’s something to watch out for?

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSat Dec 12, 20 8:51 am     Reply with quote

The Lagoon side is pretty safe if you stay in there...it's mostly shallow and will get too shallow as the tide runs out.

Kiting on the river side is basically the mouth of the mighty Columbia and you wouldn't want to break down on a strong outgoing tide.

Thumb's Up

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostSat Dec 12, 20 9:16 am     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
The Lagoon side is pretty safe if you stay in there...it's mostly shallow and will get too shallow as the tide runs out.

Kiting on the river side is basically the mouth of the mighty Columbia and you wouldn't want to break down on a strong outgoing tide.

Thumb's Up

Oh yeah I don't even mess around with the river side. I've gone a bit outside of the lagoon on an incoming tide but that's about as far as I'd go and wouldn't even risk it on an outgoing tide.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostSat Dec 12, 20 9:33 am     Reply with quote

Go outside. One way to get a free ride in a helicopter or cutter and maybe your 30 seconds of fame:-) and one hell of a ride. Better have a drysuit On for that one!!

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostSun Dec 13, 20 12:40 pm     Reply with quote

Way better than last weekend! Solid 6m the entire day with butter flat water on the inside and some fun little waves to play in just around the outside once the lagoon dried up. I've been so focused on strapless that I forgot how much fun a flat water boosting session can be

IMG_0987 (1).jpg 

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostMon Dec 14, 20 1:50 am    D Lot Reply with quote

Marcus,

Great pic was this SAT or SUN? - more great evidence that

DECEMBER is for Kiting...

Sending PM to connect offline.

Mc

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostMon Dec 14, 20 9:01 am    Re: D Lot Reply with quote

McLovin wrote:
Marcus,

Great pic was this SAT or SUN? - more great evidence that

DECEMBER is for Kiting...

Sending PM to connect offline.

Mc

This was Saturday. I'm hoping for more days like this soon Cool

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostMon Dec 28, 20 8:17 pm     Reply with quote

The wind gods gifted me with not one but TWO epic Lot D sessions over the Christmas weekend. I’ve been out there five times this month and have seen more elk than kiters but I guess that's the way it is this time of year. Tip: Put your kite bag up on the grass or a dog might come along and pee on it. I had to learn that the hard way Wink

ChristmasKiting.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: