Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

not kiting, show what you're building
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostTue May 12, 20 12:25 pm     Reply with quote

We would be honored to help with all phases of shred-van projects.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan
541 490 5098

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
829 Posts

Opinionated

PostTue May 12, 20 12:34 pm    2010 North kites Reply with quote

shred_da_gorge wrote:
Really nice craftsmanship here - I'd hire any of ya! Also can't believe how much Henry has grown.

I've been hacking away at my ProMaster build, slow and steady, nothing special. Just finished the second fan for those August nights out east; intake will be cut in the floor. DC consists of an adapter on each pillar, USB charging by the slider, and a laptop/USB charging station where my workstation is going. C and D pillars get AC from 1200W switching inverter, and shore power comes in from the front bumper to its own GFCI on the driver's C pillar (handy light indicator) then onto both the inverter and a 30A DC power supply (currently switched manually but I'm playing with a relay to turn it on and switch DC to it when shore is plugged in). We decided against installing fancy LEDs but I repurposed the two strips that came with the van for "under-bed" lighting on each side, switched from inside the back door.

The bed is made from 2x4s and plywood in two pieces with 'T' legs that can be switched from supporting the "family" configuration (queen) to "solo" (XL twin) to "cargo mode" (bed removed) for versatility - like I said, nothing fancy, just utility.

Anyone know someone in Hood River who can do nice finish work installing fabric over the paneling? (PM me please to avoid van fanatics hijacking thread). And yes, Hein, I know I installed the insulation backwards... Wink

I see some 2010 North kite bags there. Hope all your valves are still in tact! That year they had a tenancy to come unstuck. Sad

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostTue May 12, 20 7:50 pm    Re: 2010 North kites Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
I see some 2010 North kite bags there. Hope all your valves are still in tact! That year they had a tenancy to come unstuck. :(

Too funny! Yeah those are old Fuses and a Rebel, and not shown is a 2008 7m Rebel that's still does its job in my spare quiver - my good quiver awaits me in da Hood. I had the 12m out the other day at in SF bay and indeed it was losing air - I say funny because I was on the verge of pumping it up to test with soapy water but I think it's time to repurpose these as grocery bags or something (think I saw a post asking for donations recently).

deminimis

Since 15 Jul 2014
326 Posts
On the Rocks
Obsessed

PostWed May 13, 20 11:22 am     Reply with quote

The gawd awful flooring project continues. Decided I had too much bounce in the floor (I decided to increase the use of tile), so I sistered 2x8x14' sticks to the existing 105yo joists. Such a drag and the basement was a disaster. So, did some cleaning and a little bit of organizing while down there. I guess after I finish the flooring, it's probably high time I built a board rack. This, by the way, is organized (relatively speaking). Note the spanky-new lumber!

sailboard mess.jpg 

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostWed May 13, 20 9:50 pm     Reply with quote

Speaking of board racks... We had an intern working for us a few years back and she designed some board rack supports that we sell by the pair. They attach to ordinary strut channel that you can purchase at home depot or fastenal. Nice thing is that they are adjustable up&down so you can move them around as your quiver changes.

All the best,
Hein

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed May 20, 20 10:08 am     Reply with quote

I've finished the entryway, the cabinet boxes, the display case shell, over bar TV mount and the counter tops behind the bar. Next will be the cabinet faces. BTW, the total project has been going for years, LOL. I'm slow; I can't bring myself to take intelligent short cuts. Smile Anyways, the basement is approaching completion. It's gone from unfinished to a home theater with a 138" screen and a 17 speaker 6000 watt sound system, pool room and wet bar. Very Happy

20200520_101010 (Custom).jpg 
   20200520_101026 (Custom).jpg 
   20200520_101105 (Custom).jpg 
   20200520_101144 (Custom).jpg 

Last edited by Nak on Thu May 21, 20 6:53 am; edited 3 times in total

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed May 20, 20 10:10 am     Reply with quote

More pics:

20200520_101150 (Custom).jpg 
   20200520_101404 (Custom).jpg 
   20200520_101324 (Custom).jpg 
   20200520_101623 (Custom).jpg 

Last edited by Nak on Thu May 21, 20 7:03 am; edited 2 times in total

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostWed May 20, 20 1:27 pm    overachiever Reply with quote

Nak - overachievement. That's making the most of home down-time. Well done.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed May 20, 20 10:14 pm     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
I've finished the entryway, the cabinet boxes, the display case shell, over bar TV mount and the counter tops behind the bar. Next will be the cabinet faces. BTW, the total project has been going for years, LOL. I'm slow; I can't bring myself to take intelligent short cuts. Smile Anyways, the basement is approaching completion. It's gone from unfinished to a home theater with a 138" screen and a 17 speaker 6000 watt sound system, pool room and wet bar. Very Happy

s
Nak, superlative work. After you get off your wood finish "high" please try and re-post pic that are not upside-down (that hurts to look at).

Nice work. It really looks top-notch.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostThu May 21, 20 2:11 am     Reply with quote

[quote="Sasquatch"]
Nak wrote:
After you get off your wood finish "high" please try and re-post pic that are not upside-down (that hurts to look at).

Nice work. It really looks top-notch.

On your phone, turn off auto rotate, then turn your phone so the pictures don't disorient you. Jeez man, how do you even kiteboard if it hurts to look at some upside down pictures??? Sassy?

And Nak, your project is nothing compared to mine! I cleaned out the footwell in my van! Now you can see the floor mats for Matt's feet, and it's hard to beat. Hmm, I'm a poet and didn't know it.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu May 21, 20 6:44 am     Reply with quote

Thanks guys! As far as upside down, this is too weird. I usually use Chrome, and everything looks correct in Chrome. Your post made me wonder, so I looked at the thread in Edge, and everything is upside down in Edge. WTF??? All the pics are the correct orientation viewed in folders on my PC. Anyone know what's going on?

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu May 21, 20 7:05 am     Reply with quote

I rotated all of the pictures 360 degrees... They look the same before and after on my PC and in Chrome, but in Edge they're showing correctly now. I have no idea what's going on?

deminimis

Since 15 Jul 2014
326 Posts
On the Rocks
Obsessed

PostThu May 21, 20 7:15 am     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:

Did I mention I'm doing flooring? Ha! Your basement transformation looks awesome!

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu May 21, 20 7:25 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Deminimis!

I figured out the whole rotation thing. Chrome looks at EXIF rotation data, Edge does not. Anyways, I fixed the rotation issue.
https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear-correctly-rotated/

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostThu May 21, 20 4:21 pm    quarn-art Reply with quote

I made this lovely painting. acrylics on paper

96557806_10157293341377083_2789726415761702912_n.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: