Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Read vote for The Dalles thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Feb 04, 20 7:21 am    Read vote for The Dalles thread Reply with quote

Read the whole thing please

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Feb 04, 20 9:38 am    Re: Read vote for The Dalles thread Reply with quote

Inflictor wrote:
Read the whole thing please

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-47770.html

Re: Shameless Marketing!

Yo Inflictor, your post was a bit scant on details and so I took the liberty to jazz it up some with some additional detail and links. . . ROCK ON!

Inflictor wrote:
OK, I gotta chime in, Please read Sella's post reply in" vote for the Dalles" above, he nails it! The Dalles is way cool and really trying to show it. All the businesses there are down home, happy, with no attitude (Attitude IS Everything). The social scene there is thriving, with music, great eateries, inexpensive shopping and good weather. Really close to Doug's
So, Bart's the guy, we're working hard to get Doug's and other beaches(next Bingen) in shape for all river sport access. The link to join CGW2 is on top.
Also, come and DANCE to my new band T-BLUE and THE RHYTHM INFLICTORS at RT 30 Bar on main street, THIS SATURDAY Feb 8th 8-11pm. We do all homegrown Groove Blues as Tom Reinerth's songs are locally motivated. We just want you guys to come and see how much fun we have playing them! And ya, I'll be playing my self designed, 200% recycled cardboard box drum kit you saw me banging on at Rufus this summer!
We'll be donating part of the band's proceeds from this gig to the CGW2 Doug's KITEBEACH improvement project, so c'mon kiter friends, please show up and have some fun!! Thanks, Inflictor Out

Sella wrote:
The Dalles came in 2nd place to Fredonia NY. Over a million total votes cast so it was nice to see the community rally in a classic small town Americana style.

The Dalles has definitely been in a transitional phase the past few years when Gorge real estate pricing started to trend back up. It reminds me of HR property values when windsurfing took over in the 80's / 90's as growth has outpaced all other gorge towns since 2016-17'ish because younger growing families find it difficult to make HR financially pencil. Not having STR regulations doesn't hurt either for investors needing to store their quiver, bikes, skis etc. With free downtown parking, no traffic, great music, craft beer and food options and 300 days of sunshine it's becoming a nice little town to chill any day of the week alongside a very diverse and eclectic mix of Liberal, Conservative, MAGA, People of Wal-Mart, Retired and outdoor enthusiasts.

The best part however, in my very biased kite opinion, is access to Rufus, Rowena, Mosier and Event Site are all about 15-20 minute drive time contingent upon if the forecast tells you to turn left or right onto I-84. Oh yeah, crossing into WA is free so Doug's is 11 minutes away. If you haven't experienced the Doug's scene yet....the layout potential is off the charts so looking forward for many of you to drive east this coming season to help shape and tame that beast. Cheers.

Help out Doug's new kite launch and Moiser's is soon to come:

https://cgw2.org/product/cgwa-membership/

RT 30 aka Route 30

https://route30.beer/

317 East 2nd Street, The Dalles, Oregon 97058, United States
(541) 993-3155

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Feb 04, 20 6:33 pm    thank you Reply with quote

Yo Sasquatch- thanks for the follow up details!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: