Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Event Site Parking Pass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
undertow

Since 15 Feb 2008
371 Posts
BeaversBurg
Obsessed

PostTue Jan 07, 20 3:55 pm    Event Site Parking Pass Reply with quote

Anybody know if the 2019 Event site pass is good through may 2020? Being that we purchased it last year in May.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostTue Jan 07, 20 5:03 pm     Reply with quote

Negative. It's not. You can buy a new one now on-line for $100. Will go up if purchased at some point in the future. It's a non-adhesive window sticker now so my sun shade won't keep knocking it off... Easy to peel of if swapping cars.

https://portofhoodriver.com/waterfront-recreation/purchase-event-site-parking-passes/

Eric

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jan 07, 20 5:54 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the deets Eric! I'll just glue mine onto the 2019 pass that apparently just expired...

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostTue Jan 07, 20 6:34 pm    Event site parking Reply with quote

Did I read that right? Buy a 2020 pass now for $100 and forget parking worries for the whole year?

Makes way too much sense.

Am I tripping?

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
613 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostWed Jan 08, 20 9:20 am     Reply with quote

yes 2020 is good for the whole year. just got mine yest.

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jan 10, 20 7:37 am     Reply with quote

Have to purchase it online, then you can get it mailed or pick it up at port office but can't just stop by to buy one in person, FYI.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Jan 10, 20 8:16 am     Reply with quote

And, it was made clear to me that this season if the pass is not displayed the ticket you get will stand. They excused virtually every ticket last season if the user had proof of a pass purchase prior to the violation. In some cases the hook type pass would fall off, and not be visible. I would imagine that some folks would hand their pass off to a friend once they got into the ES as well...

Regardless, I think this season on, no displayed pass = indisputable fine.

Eric

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jan 10, 20 10:49 am     Reply with quote

Last year I roughed up the bottom edge of the placard after it blew off one day and lodged itself in the paper-thin slot between my windshield and firewall - quite an exercise in patience to fish it out. (As a Scotsman I couldn't bare to pay for a replacement! ;).

Also was just lamenting with Bart about all that wasted space across the street...

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostFri Jan 10, 20 11:08 am     Reply with quote

shred_da_gorge wrote:
Have to purchase it online, then you can get it mailed or pick it up at port office but can't just stop by to buy one in person, FYI.

Thumb's Up Thumb's Up
eric wrote:
And, it was made clear to me that this season if the pass is not displayed the ticket you get will stand. They excused virtually every ticket last season if the user had proof of a pass purchase prior to the violation. In some cases the hook type pass would fall off, and not be visible. I would imagine that some folks would hand their pass off to a friend once they got into the ES as well...

Regardless, I think this season on, no displayed pass = indisputable fine.

Eric

Thumb's Up Thumb's Up

The Port staff have always been really cool with pass management. Now if we could just get them to open up that second lane for pass holders to flash so we don't have to wait for every tourist to ask the booth attendant their standard 10 questions and then decide to pull out their credit card. Shocked "Come on Granny.......clocks ticking and flags are stiff......sometime today would be nice!" Laughing

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Jan 10, 20 4:28 pm     Reply with quote

^^^

Amen to that, brother! It's almost a bad as waiting to take a left on Wine Country and
Cascade Ave to get to the ES.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jan 10, 20 8:58 pm     Reply with quote

Will all you pass holders take a picture of your pass and send it to my inbox so I can come kite there. I will just send pics of your pass in and see how many times I can get my ticket excused. I can save the parking fee and put it in my college account for my son. Look at us as your funding an entrepreneur:-)!!

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostSun Jan 12, 20 2:22 pm     Reply with quote

Done. No more bitchin about parking from this guy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: