Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Turks and Caicos mid-June best gear?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostSun Dec 01, 19 7:34 am    Turks and Caicos mid-June best gear? Reply with quote

It’s way too early, but I am thinking about an upcoming trip that my wife booked for us as a surprise. She is even thinking about taking kite lessons - maybe this will happen.

I looked at the threads on nwkite and it sounded like light wind and mostly flat water. I always ride a surfboard these days, but I am wondering if I should just take my old twin tip and kite(s) in my golf bag. Especially if waves are unlikely. My quiver is 6,8,10,12 and even an old 15. I weigh 155lbs. My thought is either just take the 12 or possibly add the 10 in my golf bag. If fees are high, I might just pack my 12, harness, bar in my suitcase and rent a board. We are staying at Provo (other side from long bay).

Lastly are any of the kiteurfaris worth the $?

Thoughts?

kbrossel

Since 26 Aug 2012
21 Posts

PostTue Dec 03, 19 1:42 pm     Reply with quote

Been to Turks and Caicos a few times. Kite Provo is a great operation for lessons. Most of the kiting is at Long Bay Beach so we always got a car. There may be a few days with wind on Grace Bay but the norm is Long Bay. Flat water, low wind. Good learning beach. There are some waves off Nothwest Point but you have to be very aware of wind direction as you are out there and usually alone. Take the 12 if only one kite, 10 second choice and twin tip.

kwalshpc

Since 24 Oct 2014
142 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Dec 03, 19 3:10 pm    Turks Reply with quote

I have friends that go there alot - and love it.

I had really bad luck - it blew the day prior to getting there and we were basically skunked for 10 days.

Bring the 12 and the 10 and you will be covered. No waves so the Twin tip should be your call as long as it is also on the bigger side, otherwise maybe borrow a board that is bigger. For you - 145CM x 42cm should work.

Have fun - it is a good place to get your honey going.

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Dec 04, 19 9:27 am     Reply with quote

learn to foil. I was there last Feb, kited 14 of 14 days straight. A couple days were light, i was the only one out on my moses 633 and 12 m kite.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: