Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Franks Friendly Maui rental cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
phill

Since 26 May 2016
56 Posts

PostFri Oct 18, 19 7:05 am    Franks Friendly Maui rental cars Reply with quote

Franks Friendly Maui rental cars

has anyone rented from him ?
any reviews would be appreciated.

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostFri Oct 18, 19 6:47 pm     Reply with quote

Not me. Usually Manaloha and you can pickup/drop off in short term parking next to baggage claim

Clyde S. Dale

Since 23 Jul 2016
55 Posts

PostSat Oct 19, 19 5:54 am     Reply with quote

Been a while but we used https://www.mauivans.com/

flipper

Since 17 Oct 2011
320 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Oct 19, 19 1:04 pm     Reply with quote

I'm sure he's good.

In Maui, last time we rented from some dude with 4 cars, the car had no brake pads and it broke down on one of those tight turns on the way to Hana. We hitch hiked back to civ.

west

Since 09 Oct 2008
136 Posts
Lake Michigan
Stoked

PostSun Oct 20, 19 4:23 am     Reply with quote

Don’t be so sure Flipper....for starters Frankie is a former Kuau windsurfer who despises kiters! I know this because I am a former Kuau windsurfer.

I had a mutual friend setup a rental for me from Frankie...I had two cars of his breakdown on me. One luckily near Hookipa, so at least I could watch the surfing as I waited for a delivery of a substitute car. Both cars had near full gas when breakdowns occurred. After rolling with the inconveniences of dealing with the breakdowns, he tried to add an additional charge for low gas on the third car after I left the island. I had to dispute the charge.

No integrity w ol Frankie. So I’d highly recommend you choose another option. Al West car rentals (new name now, but cannot recall). You are rolling the dice by renting used cars from locals “acting” as a business, beware!!

flipper

Since 17 Oct 2011
320 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Oct 20, 19 11:53 am     Reply with quote

I was being a little sarcastic, as I was inferring that if you rent from a local guy, you will have a crazy adventure. Glad to know the truth.

Our guy way pretty cool, he just had really terrible rentals.

daveS

Since 23 Jul 2007
101 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Oct 21, 19 9:40 am    Not worth the savings Reply with quote

I don't even bother with Maui Vans anymore. Beater vehicles that MAY have good AC. I have a minivan from Alamo right now on Maui that fits a 10 foot SUP inside for 50 bucks a day. Also the Maui airports new rental center is definitely a step up from the old system of waiting for a van to take you to the rental cars.

MasPedos

Since 05 May 2017
94 Posts
Kihei Hey Hey

PostTue Oct 22, 19 5:15 am    Maui Cruisers Reply with quote

I have used these guys since 2012. I rent for a month or more and have had great luck and saved a ton of money.

Tell em Ron sent ya, and get a 10% discount.

[urlhttp://www.mauicruisers.net/[/url]

These cars and vans are Nissan because they are dependable. They also don't stick out and attract unwanted attention.

These cars look the part.

Aloha,
Ron

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Oct 26, 19 11:09 am     Reply with quote

I rented from Frankie for years. His service and cars have deteriorated and he is grumpy.
He doesn't respond to emails , only voice calls. Doesn't have a website for reservations.

I've switched to Manaloha and No Kai Oi and have been happy with both.
In Maui right now with no Kai oi mini van and very satisfied.

realharry

Since 03 Nov 2008
31 Posts
Oregon

PostWed Oct 30, 19 9:09 am     Reply with quote

Used to rent from him as I know him too. Never again though. Very grumpy now and cars break down and customers get blamed everything. Last time he wanted to charge me for the sand left in the car and I can tell you there was very little in there. Never ever again. I use Aloha now. He used to post youtube videos and roast his customers. I can’t believe he’s still in business. Sorry Frankie, friendly cars no longer exist from him.
Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: