Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Call Bart first

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Oct 03, 19 6:32 am    Call Bart first Reply with quote

Yo Kiters, Been in touch with Bart and Andy(park ranger), and this needs to be an organized 20 person work crew of seasoned trail management people to build a trail from the existing entry thru the marsh to Doug's West, to a safe and efficient kite rigging and launching area. It is NOT that now, we have permission to remove all the "invasive species" on park property within the park boundary(trash trees, blackberry, poison oak, thorns, fun stuff). If you want to help, you need to first call Bart at CGWPSA 386 9225 and leave a message and he'll call you and interview you and fill you in,we need to know what to do, when and where before Saturday. This needs to be efficient as only one day available with parks, BNSF crossing,trucks, heavy equipment staging, etc.
We have the opportunity to increase the kitelaunching by 25% in the Gorge for the future. Let's get it done. CALL BART Inflictor out

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostThu Oct 03, 19 7:53 am     Reply with quote

I just talked to Bart, this is not true!

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostThu Oct 03, 19 11:21 am     Reply with quote

WTF?

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostThu Oct 03, 19 11:57 am    Come one...come all. Reply with quote

Here's the deal everyone and yes I just got off the phone with Bart.

- Clean up is 9:00 -1:00 this Saturday.
- Everyone is welcome. The more the merrier.
- Work 1 hour or work all 4. All time is greatly appreciated but plan on burning some calories.

- Two major areas being cleared. - Tarps being laid down. Wood being burned on site for quick disposal.

The State will have back hoe and chipper running, which costs $$$ so they want at least 15+ people to make their time worth it. Bart is hoping for many many more to show up. Dress appropriately. Nasty stuff being removed.

Hot dogs & beverages will be available but most importantly you'll peg your good kite Karma needle to full tilt LIT!

See you Sat.
Sella

realharry

Since 03 Nov 2008
31 Posts
Oregon

PostThu Oct 03, 19 12:04 pm     Reply with quote

I’m going with whatever Victor says!
Twisted Evil

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostThu Oct 03, 19 12:22 pm     Reply with quote

realharry wrote:
I’m going with whatever Victor says!
Twisted Evil

You're thinking wind forecasting for whatever he says. Today in particular Bart has a slightly different view of Victor's expertise based on his phone blowing up but he's thankful the attention is on this Saturday.

Basically it goes like this people.....if you can fog a mirror you've officially passed the Doug's Clean-Up interview process.

Bring your own gear, (lopers, rakes, shovels, thick gloves, boots etc..etc.)

See you Sat.

realharry

Since 03 Nov 2008
31 Posts
Oregon

PostThu Oct 03, 19 12:35 pm     Reply with quote

I haven’t fogged a mirror in years...still going with whatever Victor says
Twisted Evil
Hoping Victor will do on-site interviews and only allow participation from the worthy (and poison oak immune).
Evil or Very Mad

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostThu Oct 03, 19 2:06 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
- Two major areas being cleared. - Tarps being laid down. Wood being burned on site for quick disposal.

Beware breathing in smoke or even being in the area if poison oak is in the burn pile!!! Shocked Exclamation Shocked Exclamation

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostThu Oct 03, 19 2:13 pm    Locals Only Reply with quote

Ha ha ha ! Victor is trying to keep the kooks from seeing the goods . Everyone is welcome , the more the better . As Kitesr we want the CGWA to love us ! They have money , members and know how to get it done . See you there !!

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostThu Oct 03, 19 4:47 pm     Reply with quote

Now that sounds more like it. Come one, come all.

These things are fun, and it goes fast.

Then there’s hot dogs and stuff.

Bring tecnu if you are poison oak sensative. I got into it at Viento clearing dead stuff. It was hard to see in all the other dead blackberry bushes. Dashed out bad for two weeks. I even scrubbed with tecnu when I got home but it was too late.

Leave the dogs home, it’s still state park, on leash area and there will be equipment running around.

See ya Saturday morning!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: