Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Name of the boat (photog) taking pic EV HR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
FrostyOne

Since 31 Jan 2007
167 Posts
PDX
Stoked

PostSat Sep 21, 19 6:31 pm    Name of the boat (photog) taking pic EV HR Reply with quote

Does anybody know the name of the guy on the boat taking photo's today?
Life rolls on.....#Member#700NWKITE.COM

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1742 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostSat Sep 21, 19 8:43 pm    sure Reply with quote

His name is Kook Magnet.

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostSat Sep 21, 19 11:18 pm    Stawicki Photo Guy Reply with quote

https://www.iwasphotographed.com/How-to-order/n-gM4vmS/Welcome

Don't be a HATER - pictures are COOL...

Mc

2019-09-22_00-16-15.png 

windfun7

Since 23 Aug 2015
40 Posts

PostSun Sep 22, 19 8:40 pm     Reply with quote

Not a photog but wouldn't it be easier to take good pictures from shore instead of from a bobbing raft?

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostSun Sep 22, 19 10:13 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah no one should hate on Bob. He is a good guy who shares a lot of stoke. He also takes great photos and has rescued more than a few stranded kiters over the years. Definitely support his business if you want some good pics.

Not a photog either but I think with good outdoor lighting you don't have to worry so much about movement. I think the raft gives a much better perspective vs shore.

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostMon Sep 23, 19 9:28 am     Reply with quote

windfun7 wrote:
Not a photog but wouldn't it be easier to take good pictures from shore instead of from a bobbing raft?

It's hard to get good shots of the hatch or swell city from the event site lawn Smile

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
787 Posts

Opinionated

PostTue Sep 24, 19 8:38 am     Reply with quote

user124 wrote:
Yeah no one should hate on Bob. He is a good guy who shares a lot of stoke. He also takes great photos and has rescued more than a few stranded kiters over the years. Definitely support his business if you want some good pics.

Not a photog either but I think with good outdoor lighting you don't have to worry so much about movement. I think the raft gives a much better perspective vs shore.

Agreed. Bob's photos should speak for themselves; they are awesome!
The proximity and perspectives that you get from the water can't be matched from the shore. And yes, it would be a lot easier (and cheaper) to take photos from the shore, but they wouldn't be nearly as good. Bob should be commended for his extra efforts.

I don't think that dangler was necessarily hating on Bob, just commenting on the fact that his boat does sometimes attract a crowd of people pushing their limits. That's the beauty of the still photos - you don't have to land it to get a good shot.

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostTue Sep 24, 19 12:05 pm     Reply with quote

And to Dangler's point if Bob was on shore it could make for a more dangerous congregation of kookery.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: