Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

'Send It' The Movie Premiere Wed July 24th Hood River

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
samlight1

Since 23 Jul 2019
1 Posts

PostTue Jul 23, 19 12:24 pm    'Send It' The Movie Premiere Wed July 24th Hood River Reply with quote

'Send It' the movie is premiering in the Skylight Theater, this Wednesday in Hood River!

This is a feature length hollywood style movie set in a Kiteboarding world. It is designed to showcase Kiting to the masses. It's a drama aimed at teenagers so it's kinda cheesy but it does represent kiteboarding well. It could be huge for kiteboarding!

Wednesday the 24th. Tickets are standard prices but it might sell out.

Showing times: 4.15pm / 6.15pm / 8.15pm.

Hope to see you there
Cheers
Sam

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue Jul 23, 19 2:19 pm    trailer Reply with quote

Post the trailer here and we will judge it's merit.

lotsoluck

Since 02 Jun 2018
19 Posts
gorge

PostTue Jul 23, 19 5:51 pm    Ill be there Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wcWYHyoOLM

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hatchetthrower

Since 20 Mar 2013
43 Posts

PostWed Jul 24, 19 11:27 pm     Reply with quote

did anyone go to this? I love bad straight to DVD movies and kiteboarding so this sounds amazing to me.

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 25, 19 7:17 am    Wind Voyager - Send It Reply with quote

I went , there were some cheesy lines for sure . All in all it was good entertainment . The financial backing comes from the Wind Voyager ownership which made a few appearances Shocked. It was a professional film presentation with at least one washed up Hollywood actress , Denise Richards. Laughing

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostFri Jul 26, 19 6:59 am    So bad...it's good Reply with quote

So cheezy that if your last name was Kraft you'd still not be cheezy enough to hang with Send It. Although, what's not to love when it had bong hits, blowjobs and so many back mobes it makes you wonder if the Real boys we're throwing down their SSS card on Sheen's old mother of his children........because everyone else was! Shocked

Still pissed they didn't film Branson riding off into the sunset with a naked model on his back instead of watching Frenchie getting a menage a trois while Billy and Sky get all puppy dog lovey dovey. Booooo!!!!!!!

The little grom coming of age commentary from the audience was by far the funniest part of the show.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 26, 19 7:19 am     Reply with quote

^^^

Too funny.

I think it's time to resurrect the photos of a local kiter whose name shall not be mentioned dressed as the Ultimate Jerry-Noob dragging his gear across the Event Site lot: Wipika Classic/Orange Life Vest/Hockey Helmet/Plywood Board with an actual rope for a leash etc....

Hoping Sella, or TBR have that link handy?

Eric

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostFri Jul 26, 19 8:13 am     Reply with quote

eric wrote:
Hoping Sella, or TBR have that link handy?

Eric

Idea I bet if we gofunded Jackson Lebsack we could "persuade" Travis...aka Taxi Driver....to resurrect Jerry-Noob and go all Send It, Part Deux, from the Event Site.

$2k and 24 hours later we would have a better story if G-man and Slither write the script and the Branson in the story is Bingen Bart selling the shit out of CGW2 memberships because ya ain't got no "no rules downwinders" unless you have safe river access boys!

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 26, 19 8:21 am     Reply with quote

I feel a Mockumentary coming on...

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostFri Jul 26, 19 12:41 pm     Reply with quote

[quote="Sella"]
eric wrote:
$2k and 24 hours later we would have a better story if G-man and Slither write the script and the Branson in the story is Bingen Bart selling the shit out of CGW2 memberships because ya ain't got no "no rules downwinders" unless you have safe river access boys!

I concur. a G-man or Slither script would ensure fitting dialogue. We could get together in the board lounge where the plywood vacuum molded Rolf Zurker custom hangs.

drag_kiteboarder_of_the_year_2008_b_106_109.jpg 
   drag_kiteboarder_of_the_year_2008_a_104_497.jpg 

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 26, 19 8:45 pm     Reply with quote

Holy crap, was that over a decade ago? Shit time flies, just like KW4S's 2-line Wipika probably still does.

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 27, 19 10:00 am    Do It ! Reply with quote

@Sella @Eric I will contribute $100 to start the GoFUNd me account ! If we can hire a Taxi Driver , Bingen Bart and Jackson to make this Popcorn Popcorn

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostMon Jul 29, 19 9:12 am     Reply with quote

TravisBickleRex wrote:
I concur. a G-man or Slither script would ensure fitting dialogue. We could get together in the board lounge where the plywood vacuum molded Rolf Zurker custom hangs.

Aha the land of Zurker....where all great stories begin!

We need to compile key scenes......and right now we have a very rare opportunity to get the oldest and greatest quintessential gorge downwinder race captured next weekend.

Footage required: Somebody please film Grom at the upcoming Bridge of the Gods reenacting the cheezy "No rules downwinder" scene with accompanying drone footage highlighting the stoke. Basically, just let Grom do his thing and be him and for the love of God if Corey Roeseler shows up with his water ski's film every minute of that while Fred Hope and the foil Army (wearing Ninja masks of course) blast by him while Tak jumps over everybody. There will never be another downwinder in the world like it....EVER.

I'm out of country in August or else I'd be there to help coordinate but will throw down cash for the time and effort for drone dude up to $250. (Paypal) Very serious, PM if interested to discuss details.

Anyone.....anyone......Bueller? Serge? Kraemer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: