Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Experienced foiler looking for Roosevelt advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 05, 19 6:25 pm    Experienced foiler looking for Roosevelt advice Reply with quote

If I get talked into heading out there, what's a rock free launch /land runway? I use to windsurf and kite there a lot, and I remember a lot of rocks lurking just under the surface, waiting to harm my carbon gear...

I would typically launch in the cove below the main windsurf cove. But, I think there are some hidden foil killers out there...

Thanks,
Eric

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 05, 19 8:58 pm     Reply with quote

First thing that comes to my immediate memory is to be aware that when you are body dragging on your way out past the first floating buoy (clorox bottle).... body drag a good 30 feet beyond that as there's a second unmarked shallow rock shelf. I've had several wing repairs from that hazard.
It's all good everywhere beyond that.
My favorite place to foil.

kite_nomad

Since 10 Apr 2015
32 Posts

PostSun Jul 07, 19 7:35 am     Reply with quote

Was just foiling there the last few days, super good foil conditions and all day consistent wind.
Rocks aren't a concern because there's about 50 feet of kelp you have to drag through before the wing wont catch on it, and the always dicey launch, but perfect conditions once you're past it.

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostSun Jul 07, 19 8:05 pm     Reply with quote

A foiling friend mentioned today that he quit launching there because of the prodigious quantity of weeds you have to deal with. He much prefers Arlington.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: