Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Board rescue thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
treitz

Since 07 Jun 2016
78 Posts
Hood River

PostSat Jun 29, 19 6:18 am    Board rescue thank you! Reply with quote

Got caught with my kite down for a bit yesterday, and by the time I got it back in The air my board was long gone. A kind hero found it and returned it to me on the beach. He left before I got his name, but huge thanks and I owe you!

Now, this was only my 2nd time out on this board and it didn’t have my name or number on it. I know I know. Dumb, and lucky. Anyway, is the sharpie method really the best for this? Seams like it would be a pain to remove if/when I sell the board.

Thanks again to the board saver.

Tyler

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSat Jun 29, 19 6:27 am     Reply with quote

rubbing alcohol removes sharpie

treitz

Since 07 Jun 2016
78 Posts
Hood River

PostSat Jun 29, 19 6:45 am     Reply with quote

Cool, thought that might be the case. Without ruining the board??

a.benjamin76

Since 27 Jul 2017
112 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Jun 29, 19 7:01 am    Sharpie Reply with quote

Sharpie the hell out of it. Who cares what it looks like. I lost a board at Sherman island that showed up 3 months later, 25 miles downstream on some guys property. High tide plopped it right onto a bunch of sticks. Having my name and number on it is the only reason i got it back.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSat Jun 29, 19 7:09 am     Reply with quote

It's not a problem. Put your name, and phone number on top and bottom.

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostSat Jun 29, 19 7:35 am     Reply with quote

The sharpie has never lasted too long for me. I have to refresh the writing every so often because it wears off. I started cutting those "hello my name is" stickers down to a smaller size, writing my info on it and placing a piece of packing tape over the label. You would think that the tape would eventually come off but it doesn't. It'll stay on there for as long as you want it to and if your contact info changes or you want to sell your board you can just peel it off.

treitz

Since 07 Jun 2016
78 Posts
Hood River

PostSat Jun 29, 19 8:20 am     Reply with quote

That’s a good idea. I actually have some high quality clear, waterproof tape. Might try that!

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jul 02, 19 1:22 pm     Reply with quote

Marcus O is right, it's a good technique that's worn well on both my twin tips and surfboards. I picked up a Dynamo label printer and plastic tape roll (vs paper it comes with) from Walmart for a clear and legible label, since I needed to print a bunch of labels anyway. Added the packing tape over one for insurance, but the labels alone have lasted two seasons on my Angry Swallow. I sold a TT last year and with a sharp razor blade - very carefully - was able to remove them and clean any packing tape residue easily with Goo Gone. (The packing tape can eventually yellow and dry with LOTS of direct sun). Put a few on if you ride a popular board so it's easy to see which one's (not) yours on a crowded beach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: