Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Mystic X carbon vs Ride Engine hexcore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nevo

PostThu Jun 20, 19 5:05 pm    Mystic X carbon vs Ride Engine hexcore? Reply with quote

Anyone tried both or have expected differences? I have the ride engine with slider bar but am looking at the mystic with stealth slider.

Especially interested in feedback from people who do long sessions. I ride 6 days a week and go out 3-4 hours at a time. Strapless freestyle and surf. My ride engine is an obvious step up from my old soft harness but my kidneys and low back are perpetually sore.

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostFri Jun 21, 19 3:23 pm     Reply with quote

My experience with the hard shell harnesses (and others have echo'd this sentiment) is that they really need to fit your back or you'll get those pressure point problems. Most Hood River shops have a bar you can hang from with your body weight, so go dangle in the shop and try the harnesses out. Otherwise, a soft harness is probably still a safer bet. I'm not entirely sold on hard shell harnesses yet.

I've owned and ridden extensively on both the RE and Mystic harnesses, the shapes and sizes and thus the feel are seemingly identical to me.

earthsurfer526

Since 11 Jan 2009
54 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostTue Jun 25, 19 9:55 am     Reply with quote

I have owned both harnesses and prefer the Mystic X over the ride engine. both are great harnesses but the mystic is just better. It is more comfortable and does not ride up.

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jun 25, 19 10:47 am     Reply with quote

I’ve ridden them both a lot and switch the slider bar back and forth so the only difference is the harness itself. Love them both and can barely tell the difference between them. But that is just for me. Like buying shoes, the only thing that matters is do they fit you. Sadly, Gotta try em to know. And not just in the shop, gotta ride em to know.

Mike D

Since 28 Apr 2011
195 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostTue Jun 25, 19 2:28 pm    Mystic demo Reply with quote

Windance is doing a demo this weekend on the Hood river sand Bar. I know the Mystic crew will have their hard shells to try out along with the new Stealth bar.

coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostWed Jun 26, 19 7:41 am    Re: Mystic X carbon vs Ride Engine hexcore? Reply with quote

Nevo wrote:
Anyone tried both or have expected differences? I have the ride engine with slider bar but am looking at the mystic with stealth slider.

Especially interested in feedback from people who do long sessions. I ride 6 days a week and go out 3-4 hours at a time. Strapless freestyle and surf. My ride engine is an obvious step up from my old soft harness but my kidneys and low back are perpetually sore.

Have not tried both, but added a Stealth Bar to my Ride Engine Elite and could not be happier!

coup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: