Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

New locked gate at Lyle
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
lubomm

Since 15 Aug 2007
247 Posts
Hood
Stoked

PostWed Jun 12, 19 3:47 pm    New locked gate at Lyle Reply with quote

I just passed by Lyle and saw a brand new gate with a heavy chain and lock. I was wondering if CGW2 knows more on this.

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostWed Jun 12, 19 5:26 pm     Reply with quote

There is a photo and lots of comments on the" Northwest Kiteboarders" Facebook page. It looks like Warren Buffet got serious this year!

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostWed Jun 12, 19 10:34 pm     Reply with quote

Cyclone fencing was an eventual goal that the railroad had indicated would have to happen for this spot running from the trestle and extending about 1-2 miles west along the tracks.
There was never any timeline given, just a quasi warning that if the illegal road and track crossing continued to be reported by either train engineers or safety officers, they would have no choice but to put up a permanent fenceline.

These were discussions that occurred around 6-6(?) years ago between an attorney retained by the CGKA and Railroad representatives.

I think if you dig through the NW Kite archives, there should be more accurate details available (just typing from personal memory)

www.Purestokesports.com

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Jun 13, 19 5:03 pm     Reply with quote

Pepi wrote:

These were discussions that occurred around 6-6(?) years ago between an attorney retained by the CGKA and Railroad representatives.

I think if you dig through the NW Kite archives, there should be more accurate details available

Is this it Pepi?

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-14859.html

or this one

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-14845.html&highlight=attorney+lyle

cslotta

Since 30 Sep 2018
4 Posts

Kook

PostFri Jun 14, 19 6:21 am     Reply with quote

Is it still possible to kite there? If so how do you get around the gate?

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jun 14, 19 7:00 am     Reply with quote

Last edited by wylieflyote on Fri Jun 14, 19 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Jun 14, 19 7:44 am     Reply with quote

And if you get to the sandbar by boat/jetski than you're always accessing it legally without passing through the tracks.

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostFri Jun 14, 19 8:06 am     Reply with quote

voy-tech wrote:
And if you get to the sandbar by boat/jetski than you're always accessing it legally without passing through the tracks.

I seem to recall someone mentioning that leaving your car, gear and trailer at the Lyle boat launch meant there was a high probability that some of your gear would disappear by the end of your session. Is my memory faulty or is it a high theft area?

BeatrixKiddo

Since 21 Feb 2012
18 Posts
Washington Side

PostFri Jun 14, 19 8:08 am     Reply with quote

Many kites out yesterday and just an fyi the new gate is actually a ladder with a wrench that opens beer bottles for your walk down. Idea

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri Jun 14, 19 1:38 pm     Reply with quote

Pepi wrote:

I think if you dig a big hole under the fence - it will all be good (just typing from personal memory)

I'm not sure Pepi

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostSat Jul 20, 19 10:07 am     Reply with quote

[quote="ulianumphries"]The lock of the gate by the locking gate in the Lyle has the prescription and the strong recommendation with the others. The gorge and the Portland have the coast of suggesting the [url=https://ukessaysreviews.com/ukwritings-com-review/]ukwritings review[/url] with the service of paper writing sentence.[/quote]

Umm, can you rephrase this statement above so it actually makes sense?

Common tongue English would be the preferred language. THANKS!

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Jul 20, 19 10:18 am     Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that was a computer generated post utilizing words it found previously in the thread in an effort to get you to click the embedded link.

I recommend not following the link

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 20, 19 5:25 pm     Reply with quote

bigjohn wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was a computer generated post utilizing words it found previously in the thread in an effort to get you to click the embedded link.

John,
So what can I expect now that I clicked on that a few days ago? Using the Brave browser, which seems pretty solid. After a 2 second visit I left.
Kip

honda1

Since 11 Sep 2013
183 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Jul 20, 19 6:10 pm    Lyle crossing Reply with quote

Where is the Columbia gorge water sports association when you need them? And why is there an easement at Doug’s? What has to be done to get that kind of arrangement at Lyle? I know the association has done much good but I’m a little disappointed in it. I feel like we could do so much more. I’ve mentioned this before but I tried to organize a clean up at Roosevelt and was blown off. I was willing to do all the organizing. I just needed to do it under the association’s banner for liability purposes. I was also told that the association doesn’t do work past Doug’s. I feel like we could have a clean up at each launch site every year. On the outside it seems like the association really isn’t so involved. I’m probably wrong as I know there is likely lots of work on the inside but would it be so hard to do more?

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 20, 19 7:34 pm     Reply with quote

Doug's was accomplished in the heyday and height of popularity by windsurfers (1990's).
The only stakeholder to negotiate right oif way was the railroad.

The old CGWA (windsurf only) had thousands of members, hundreds of thousands of dollars, and a few lawyers on the board.

The days of association riches are long gone.....

Many people and organizations have tried to get access to Lyle - but it's a complicated issue involving 3 property groups (railroad, Indian land, and Mt. Adams national forest).

Do a forum search and you'll find the posts that explain all of this.

Roosevelt is not in the Columbia Gorge - the association has to draw a line somewhere.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 20, 19 7:40 pm     Reply with quote

wylieflyote wrote:
bigjohn wrote:

John,
So what can I expect now that I clicked on that a few days ago? Using the Brave browser, which seems pretty solid. After a 2 second visit I left.
Kip

Change your name, lock your doors, ,close out all your financial accounts, wave a magnet against your hard drive, smash it with a hammer, pour acid on it, and then burn it..... same for your phone...... and have your dog spayed.

The only safe computer is one that's turned off and buried in a lead vault 6 feet underground, and even then not so much.

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostSat Jul 20, 19 7:42 pm     Reply with quote

there. deleted. no more click bait - your welcome.

www.freeridekiting.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: