Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Does your Harness Really Stay Down?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
the_pinkbandit

Since 03 Jun 2019
5 Posts
Shoreline, WA
Kook

PostMon Jun 03, 19 8:24 am    Does your Harness Really Stay Down? Reply with quote

After riding in different conditions with multiple harnesses, I am going on 11 years (since the '08 mystic warrior harness) where I am having the same problem with my waist harness straps loosening up on the water and riding up while I am trying to enjoy my session. Anyone have any harness jerry rig systems that can be used to prevent this? Specifically for the symmetrical two strap systems on both sides? I am keen on finding a way not to readjust my harness every 10 minutes not the water.

west

Since 09 Oct 2008
136 Posts
Lake Michigan
Stoked

PostMon Jun 03, 19 10:11 am     Reply with quote

Something not right with constantly adjusting....adjusting once after 10 minutes on water, OK. But constantly? Straps worn and stripping, not sized correctly? Something. This is where a shop and a knowledgeable kiting employee can be of considerable value. Get on it and fix that issue buddy! Too many options to not to be able to find the “right one”.....

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
829 Posts

Opinionated

PostMon Jun 03, 19 1:10 pm    No issues here Reply with quote

I had a 2008 Mystic Warrior (still have it actually, keep it as a backup), and a 2013 Mystic Warrior, and neither one has ridden up and I have never adjusted either one on the water.

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostTue Jun 04, 19 7:41 am     Reply with quote

I have a harness that uses the Dakine two strap adjustment. I find that if i get my straps wet before my session and tighten them down firmly, I dont get much movement in my waist harness.

scottm

Since 12 Jun 2006
108 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Jun 04, 19 12:12 pm     Reply with quote

Try running the end of the webbing back over the top of the cam buckle and through the back of the buckle. I couldn't find a good picture, but you can kind of see it here:
http://www.windance.com/Mystic-2019-Driver-Seat-S/46292/

daveS

Since 23 Jul 2007
101 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Jun 05, 19 4:55 pm     Reply with quote

I can honestly say I have never had a waist harness that stays where I want it for an entire session regularly in my 15 years of kiting. My ride engine harness is probably the best I've had but not perfect. Loosening isn't usually an issue..just riding up occasionally. I usually can just pull it back down to where I want it and just accept it as a drawback of a waist harness. Most of those two strap harness systems can be fed back on to themselves to reduce slipping.

earthsurfer526

Since 11 Jan 2009
54 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostThu Jun 06, 19 2:00 pm     Reply with quote

My mystic majestic X with the stealth slider bar stays down. And I try really hard to break it but it seems to work well. this is the only harness that I have ever had that stays down.

https://www.mysticboarding.com/products/kite/men/waterwear/harnesses/majestic-x-waist-harness#24375E

lloyd

Since 16 Aug 2007
108 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostSun Jun 09, 19 5:38 pm     Reply with quote

Same problem exists with windsurfing. It’s all your stance. If you sit down then the harness will ride up. You have to lean out rather than sit. Your legs have to be a little more straight. When you’re on top of the board, like going downwind or surfing, fly the kite lower so it pulls out in front of you rather than above you. Keeping your back as close to a 90 degree to the kite as possible.

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostWed Jun 12, 19 2:04 pm    Harness that will 100% NOT ride up Reply with quote

or you could just get this...

Not as cool to some but if you can say good-bye to stupid & unnecessary board shorts over your wetsuit...well let's just say my harness stays where I like it...ALWAYS.

I'm sure the pros don't need it, but as an admittedly newer kiter I love it and the leg loops can be left very loose to avoid any unsightly camel toe situation.

The ABOVE WARNING goes double for Kiting at the east end of Rooster Rock - have a story to tell someday about my last day there...Ugh!

Mc

DaKine Chameleon.png 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: