Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Dogs on the grass at the event site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Saildoogie

Since 16 Oct 2013
77 Posts
White Salmon, WA

PostWed May 29, 19 4:18 pm    Dogs on the grass at the event site Reply with quote

Question: are dogs supposed to be on the leash on the grass at the event site?
There has been quite a bit dog poo there the last few days.
If dogs are supposed to be on the leash, maybe some more visible signs that makes it obvious to visitors?

Chooch

Since 18 Nov 2007
1871 Posts
Wicked Pissah
Boston Tea Bagger

PostWed May 29, 19 4:22 pm     Reply with quote

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostWed May 29, 19 4:28 pm     Reply with quote

Is it that time of year again...

coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostWed May 29, 19 4:55 pm    Re: Dogs on the grass at the event site Reply with quote

Saildoogie wrote:
If dogs are supposed to be on the leash, maybe some more visible signs that makes it obvious to visitors?

Should dogs be left tied to the trees at the Event Site, left to bark and poo while their owner is on the water, I don't know what do you think?

Cascade Pet Camp is just up the road!

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostWed May 29, 19 7:50 pm     Reply with quote

Does this mean the season has officially started?

wannabekiter

Since 14 May 2015
269 Posts
Hood river
Obsessed

PostThu May 30, 19 6:22 am    Dog shit Reply with quote

Its dog shit not poo !
Most of the dogs I see tied up belong to locals.
One of my buddies does it all the time.
Let the fun begin Very Happy

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 30, 19 6:38 am    Dog Tricks Reply with quote

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 30, 19 8:44 am    Re: Dogs on the grass at the event site Reply with quote

coupdevill wrote:
Saildoogie wrote:

Should dogs be left tied to the trees at the Event Site, left to bark and poo while their owner is on the water, I don't know what do you think?

Cascade Pet Camp is just up the road!

Cascade Pet Camp: "We charge for lodging by the night with a minimum 3-night stay required"
Doe anyone here know of a service whereby I could simply board my small dog for maybe 3-4 hours while I play? All of my HR time is with my dog, but I'm puzzled what to do while kiting. Drop-off daily for daddy's playtime.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostThu May 30, 19 8:48 am    Re: Dogs on the grass at the event site Reply with quote

There are more than a few dog sitters in Hood River and some of them are kiteboarders.
Might try looking up Kenzie Carlstrom to see if she could be available.

wylieflyote wrote:

Doe anyone here know of a service whereby I could simply board my small dog for maybe 3-4 hours while I play? All of my HR time is with my dog, but I'm puzzled what to do while kiting. Drop-off daily for daddy's playtime.

www.Purestokesports.com

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu May 30, 19 9:31 am     Reply with quote

Seems like an opportunity for an enterprising college/high school student on summer break. If anyone knows one of those, maybe suggest a dog walking/sitting service right there at the event site.

the_pinkbandit

Since 03 Jun 2019
5 Posts
Shoreline, WA
Kook

PostMon Jun 03, 19 8:04 am    Re: Dogs on the grass at the event site Reply with quote

[quote="Saildoogie"]Question: are dogs supposed to be on the leash on the grass at the event site?
If dogs are supposed to be on the leash, maybe some more visible signs that makes it obvious to visitors?[/quote]

I witnessed someone having their dog off lease in the windsurfing rigging designated area at the event site... The dog ran behind someone trying to attach a back footstrap on their board, picked it up, and started running around the whole area trying to get the windsurfer to chase him. The owner of the dog (who was not a windsurfer nor a kiteboarder) couldn't get it back for the guy for 5 minutes. By then the dog ran to the side, proceeded to poop on the edge of the grass, and the owner didn't ever bother to pick it up.

As much as I love mans best friend, all owners (including myself) need to be responsible owners. SO IF WE YOU DO BRING YOUR FURRY FRIEND, we need to make sure they are always secured in a way not to disrupt those also using the area. That means picking up poop, making sure the dog doesn't bark the entire time, and securing them in a way not to damage other's equipment or property. If we are all on the same page, I don't see any reason why dogs shouldn't be allowed on the grass area.

However, if you're dog isn't trusting enough to be left tied to a tree without causing a nuisance, than boarding would be the best option other than leaving your dog at home. Would be in huge demand by weekend warriors trying to come out to the area over the weekend (or during the week in the summer).

It's not fair to the others on the beach to have to step in **** or hear your dog bark the entire time while you are out on the water. It may not bother the owner, but it sure will bother the others trying to rig up or use the grass as well. Don't be that guy (dog owner).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: