Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Fortaleza info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
CM

Since 06 Oct 2015
60 Posts

PostMon May 20, 19 3:15 pm    Fortaleza info Reply with quote

Anyone have info on the kite scene in Fortaleza area or a contact from an English language source? Thanx

ZMar

Since 13 May 2018
24 Posts

PostMon May 20, 19 3:51 pm     Reply with quote

If you decide to tour around a bit while in Brazil, I suggest checking out https://www.vilabelavista.com/. Awesome places and awesome people... Who speak English.

kwalshpc

Since 24 Oct 2014
142 Posts

Stoked

PostTue May 21, 19 8:14 am    Fortaleza Reply with quote

I have been to Brazil 6 years running.
Fortaleza is a large city and where you will fly into. The kiting scene starts just north in Cumbuco - lots of options for staying there.
From my experience - the wind gets stronger as you go northeast - the strongest between Jericoacora and Camocim. The Waves are better closer to Cumbuco - Taiba, Paracuru, Belea, etc. There are areas on the coast that have no waves due to being very shallow, these areas also have fish traps - no fun to get caught in.

I prefer Jeri - cool town, great wind. the waves are smaller than say Taiba, but most of the kiting is screaming downwind. I am 205 and bring a 9 and 7 - most days will be 7 in the fall.

Hope it helps

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostTue May 21, 19 8:39 am     Reply with quote

http://dreamlandinbrazil.com/newsite/

toesinthesand

Since 08 Sep 2009
167 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostTue May 28, 19 1:49 pm    Kiting in Northeast Brazil, Reply with quote

I have been going to Ceara to windsurf and kite for more than 12 years. I spend most of my time in Jericoacoara but have been all over the state of Ceara even kited to Lencois Maranheses way north. Send me your email addy and I’ll send some basic info. If you’re in Hood River I’m happy to meet up. One thing I like almost as much as kiting in Brazil.... talking about Brazil. Happy travels. kwalshpc has the right ideas.

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostTue May 28, 19 1:54 pm     Reply with quote

toesinthesand

I've been twice to the area areas around Jerry and Fortaleza. This Sept or Oct I'll be taking my third trip and probably last to Brazil. Would the kite locations way up north be on your bucket list? Is it worth the time and $$
Thanks

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed May 29, 19 8:33 am     Reply with quote

WindSki wrote:
toesinthesand

I've been twice to the area areas around Jerry and Fortaleza. This Sept or Oct I'll be taking my third trip and probably last to Brazil. Would the kite locations way up north be on your bucket list? Is it worth the time and $$
Thanks

We made the trex from Iterema, to Jerri, all the way north to Barra Grande. It's something that every kiter needs to do once in life. A pain in the ass to get to with multiple taxi & bus transfers. The last few miles of road were almost closed with sand drifts. Our taxi guy came inside to rest up and have a drink.... he later needed all of us to dig him out of the drifting sand. Crazy fun place. 1'000's of acres of glass ponds, sand islands, glass ponds, and all of it in 7m & 8m warm conditions 24 hours each day. You must go there. We were actually across the estuary from Barra Grande at a small posada walking distance to some of the best kiting in the world.
https://goo.gl/maps/q7GFpzwV6c9KM5Bi8

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostWed May 29, 19 8:44 am     Reply with quote

Thanks !!!
Its added to my list for this Sept/Oct !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: