Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Looking for Cory Roeseler
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Munti

Since 09 Apr 2019
8 Posts

Kook

PostTue Apr 09, 19 1:18 am    Looking for Cory Roeseler Reply with quote

Hi
I was told in another forum that this might be a good place to find Cory Roeseler. I'm told he might be able to provide one of those old reel bars. Can anyone help establicsh contact?

Thanks

PS. Page 7 in this thread is where I was recommended to try in this forum https://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2402414&start=60

chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostTue Apr 09, 19 6:53 am    i found him... Reply with quote

2487588.jpg 

Windance Crew

Since 18 Apr 2008
473 Posts
Hood River Kite Shop
Obsessed

PostTue Apr 09, 19 8:02 am     Reply with quote

I have 2 Reel Bars, you can call me
Dave
541-386-2131

Munti

Since 09 Apr 2019
8 Posts

Kook

PostTue Apr 09, 19 11:37 am     Reply with quote

A big thank you to Dave for replying, but my search will have to continue. Dave only had reel bar for two line kite. I need for four line.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostTue Apr 09, 19 4:37 pm     Reply with quote

Munti wrote:
A big thank you to Dave for replying, but my search will have to continue. Dave only had reel bar for two line kite. I need for four line.

If you are seeking a 4line Reelbar, I think you may be looking in the wrong direction. Reel bars were originally designed for use with Coreys kites only and later adapted to early 2line inflatable kites. Personally I've never seen a 4 line Reelbar, although in Corey's mad scientist barn, there could be something of that nature. Or maybe check in with Mark Ribkoff.

If my memory serves me correct, the Flowbee bar was the only bar made for use with 4 lines and I can't recall ever reading a review that said it worked well except for launching.

flowbee.jpg 

www.Purestokesports.com

Munti

Since 09 Apr 2019
8 Posts

Kook

PostWed Apr 10, 19 11:20 am     Reply with quote

Pepi wrote:
Personally I've never seen a 4 line Reelbar, although in Corey's mad scientist barn, there could be something of that nature. Or maybe check in with Mark Ribkoff.

Do you know how I can find Corey?
Who is Mark Ribkoff, and where can I find him?

Pepi wrote:
If my memory serves me correct, the Flowbee bar was the only bar made for use with 4 lines and I can't recall ever reading a review that said it worked well except for launching.

The flowbee bar is the one that looks best imo, but I believe there where others out there too. Was the Unreel bar 2 or 4 lines?

chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostWed Apr 10, 19 11:27 am    . Reply with quote

dude, you gotta share your kook project with everyone

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1742 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostWed Apr 10, 19 12:19 pm    reel bar Reply with quote

I had a 4 line reel bar. Can't remember a whole lot about it other than the center lines never rolled up evenly. Pretty sure it was a Ribikoff design. Didnt work really (no offense Mark, it was a brilliant bit of engineering) all I have left is the bike brake.

I was waiting to get into kiting for a good self launching system and that seemed like the earliest attempt at addressing the four line problem. Had to be '97 or '98.

ReelBar-Orig.jpg 
   Mypulleybar-2.JPG 

Munti

Since 09 Apr 2019
8 Posts

Kook

PostWed Apr 10, 19 12:52 pm    Re: . Reply with quote

chrissmack wrote:
dude, you gotta share your kook project with everyone

What do you suggest? Should I make a web site for it, or just a thread in a forum? If forum, wich one? Seems to be a lot of Kiteforums.

Also not sure how interesting this is for others. I'm not trying to do anything spectacular like Peter Flynn or Don Montague. My ambition is not to optimize boatkiting. I just want to make kite a propulsion option on a wide range of boats with of the shelf kites. So it has to be simple (and cheap). I do think I know how to build a lauch/retrivial system at low cost. But I'm a total noob with kites, and would therefore prefer to start with a reel bar that is built by someone that knows what they are doing even if it's a long time ago. You see, boat is atm the only option for me to learn kiting. Where I live it's to cold to learn kiting in the water, and to late in the year to go snowkiting close to home. No suitable places for buggy kiting either.

Munti

Since 09 Apr 2019
8 Posts

Kook

PostWed Apr 10, 19 12:58 pm    Re: reel bar Reply with quote

dangler wrote:
I had a 4 line reel bar. Can't remember a whole lot about it other than the center lines never rolled up evenly. Pretty sure it was a Ribikoff design. Didnt work really (no offense Mark, it was a brilliant bit of engineering) all I have left is the bike brake.

Do you remember the name of that bar? Looks to me like the lines are all rolled on the same drum here. Is that correct? If so, I guess the bar would have been good if the lines were seperated on different portions of the drum (or 4 drums)?

Cory

Since 08 Jun 2007
7 Posts

Kook

PostWed Apr 10, 19 1:10 pm    text me Reply with quote

Munti,

Text me your number, and I'll call to discuss. I don't kiteforum much, but my buddy Kyle tracked me down for this one.

Cory
541 490-7649

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostWed Apr 10, 19 3:34 pm     Reply with quote

Hats off to you guys that went through all of the early gear advancements. I started with bow (remember that term?) kites in 2006. I missed a lot of trials and tribulations.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostWed Apr 10, 19 6:19 pm     Reply with quote

Simple and Cheap are two words that usually result in broken and injured when it comes to kiteboarding.
www.Purestokesports.com

Munti

Since 09 Apr 2019
8 Posts

Kook

PostThu Apr 11, 19 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

Pepi wrote:
Simple and Cheap are two words that usually result in broken and injured when it comes to kiteboarding.

When I say simple I mean it as in "keep it simple stupid". No more moving parts than needed. And by cheap I mean of the shelf components instead of having something custom made.

Munti

Since 09 Apr 2019
8 Posts

Kook

PostThu Apr 11, 19 12:13 pm     Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help. I now expect to receive not one, but two reelbars in a week or two. One made by Cory, and the other is the Flowbee Very Happy

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostThu Apr 11, 19 1:35 pm     Reply with quote

Munti is humble, he is a Viking

we need to sail that bad boy to the halibut grounds and we will certainly get you kiting

- i'm planning a dive trip your way with these crazy mofos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwF3KkFw1zs

munti.jpg 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Munti

Since 09 Apr 2019
8 Posts

Kook

PostThu Apr 11, 19 3:21 pm     Reply with quote

Gman wrote:
Munti is humble, he is a Viking

we need to sail that bad boy to the halibut grounds and we will certainly get you kiting

- i'm planning a dive trip your way with these crazy mofos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwF3KkFw1zs

You're right, my boat is pretty much a viking boat. It's the traditional boat along much of the coast of Norway. If you come here, I'll take you sailing in it. Plenty of those fish in the video here too, and they can get a lot bigger.

Edit: That boat is fun as it is, so boatkiting is for another boat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: