Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
yellowblackandwhite

Since 20 Aug 2016
16 Posts

PostMon Aug 20, 18 10:34 am    Thanks! Reply with quote

Hey all,

I took a pretty good beating last Friday afternoon up by Wells Island at Hood River and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that dropped in to make sure I was okay and offer support while I was working on a self rescue. You guys totally rock! I really appreciated the guy that showed me the handles on the kite ends to make the sail with. So much better than gripping the lines Smile

Thank you so much to the stranger that brought my board back over the bridge from White Salmon to the Event Site. I owe you two bucks bridge toll and a six pack, dude! Smile

Very big thanks to Nadja Bianchet over at Cascade Kiteboarding and her student that let me catch a very much appreciated ride back to the beach on their jet ski. It was annoying having to deal with my big soggy butt and my waterlogged kite but you did it anyways. I really appreciate that you did that for me. I can't thank you enough. Fan for life!

I love this sport and the supportive and smiling community attached to it makes it all the better.

Thanks everyone!

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Aug 20, 18 11:33 am     Reply with quote

I was foiling around you as you were self rescuing.
It was an extreme self-rescue situation as you had too big a kite for the gusty conditions and lower Wells Island is one of the windiest spots on the river.

However - it was obvious you need to take a lesson in self rescue.
Your technique was all wrong.

Please get help, practice in front of the sandbar or better yet - take a lesson from Nadja.

good video instruction - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze0a24YKN6I

yellowblackandwhite

Since 20 Aug 2016
16 Posts

PostMon Aug 20, 18 12:03 pm     Reply with quote

It was definitely not a good time or place to re-familiarize myself with self rescue. Thanks for the link to the video. I'll study it closely. Kitesurf college is great!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: