Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Looking for small kite and harness to train

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
BigolHawaiian

Since 12 Aug 2018
2 Posts

PostSun Aug 12, 18 8:23 am    Looking for small kite and harness to train Reply with quote

Just had my first dry land lesson and Im ready to get a used small kite and harness for bigger guy lg/xlg to practice flying body dragging ect. kinda on a budget I have a compstick and lines so anything compatible would work. Im in Southeren Oregon and could travel a bit or if you could ship that would be great
Any help and tips would be appreciated
PM me
BigolHawaiian

teabagger

Since 15 Jun 2012
68 Posts

CGKA Member

PostSun Aug 12, 18 11:38 am     Reply with quote

I wouldn't recommend playing around with a harness and full sized inflatable on land- you generally want water lessons to learn kite control, that way if you get yarded you land in the water and not on land.

kwalshpc

Since 24 Oct 2014
142 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Aug 13, 18 5:44 am    Small Kite Reply with quote

I think you are on the right track. You have a 4 line bar which should fly any 4 line kite. All of the lines should be the same length when the depower is fully off - longest position.

As for the kite - a 6 or 7 should work - use it to gain the dragging, relaunching and general flying skills. Get a decent deal on Ikitesurf and when you are done - you can sell it there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: