Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Caution if kiting near Hatchery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1801 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 26, 18 6:28 am    Caution if kiting near Hatchery Reply with quote

Roughly directly across closer to OR side--due south across the river--from the picnic table where windsurfers launch about where the water changes to a lighter sand color in line, and 150 yards due West with the western most exposed sand where kiters from schools are setting up now are at least two NASTY sharp logs just poking above the surface at this water level. There may be more.

Heads up...

Eric

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostThu Jul 26, 18 6:59 am     Reply with quote

There are many new impaling devices the have reared their ugly heads this week. With the record low water levels we have 4 of them over around the Wunderbar. I have been trying to buoy them each day, but some are not visible lurking a foot below the surface. I do a slow motion launch and exit each day hoping not to hit one,but foilers need extra caution.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1801 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 26, 18 7:14 am     Reply with quote

^^^

Where are those, John? Perhaps using the Green Buoy as a reference?

Thanks,
Eric

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostThu Jul 26, 18 7:31 am     Reply with quote

They are 100 yards off the launch both upriver and downriver so probably 200 yards North of the green buoy so not a concern unless you are landing at the Wunderbar. Also for foilers launching at the Wunderbar, The water gets deep a 100 yards out but then gets shallow again 25 yards later which knocked me off my foil 3 days ago. Lots of hidden surprises on the river right now but I'll take low water any day after experiencing the fast current and high water in the spring.

apctjb

Since 19 Aug 2007
427 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jul 26, 18 10:20 am     Reply with quote

Ditto what Moondog said ..

I hit a deadhead foiling away from wunderbar yesterday. Quite a way out toward the green buoy. Be careful foiling in the vicinity...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: