Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

unsafe and disrespectful activity in Rufus launch zone
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostSat Jul 21, 18 10:16 am     Reply with quote

user124 wrote:
Matt V I don't think anyone reads your long-ass posts. Can you give a 2 line summary Laughing ?

Will do (hope this line does not count)

Don't rush to judge.

Get informed on what right of way rules mean with respect to marine traffic (maritime rules of right of way), and sailing rules of right of way.

Medysky

Since 22 Jul 2018
1 Posts
Squamish

PostSun Jul 22, 18 9:00 pm    Rufus Kiteboarding Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

My name is Sam Medysky. I'm a kiteboarder of 20 years and a brand ambassador for a Kiteboarding company. I want to start off by apologizing for this behaviour / riding at Rufus last week. I want to own up to this "unsafe and disrespectful riding"
I was one of the two riders on the water. It wasn't our intention to disrespect anyone on or off the water. Thanks you for bringing this to our attention and this will NOT happen again.

bigjohn - very sorry for any disrespect on our behave, this was not our intention. We were looking to get some unique photos and being from out of town didn't realize this was the main launch spot. Again very sorry and it will NOT happen again. If I can take you for a coffee or beer please reach out to me.

Thanks for your understanding.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 23, 18 5:23 am     Reply with quote

Class act. Way to step Up Sam. . Now everyone take a breath and cut John some slack. He was Just looking out for all the riders of different abilities at on of our few special launches!! Now everyone relax and get off the computer and on the water Smile!!

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostMon Jul 23, 18 6:48 am    Re: Rufus Kiteboarding Reply with quote

Medysky wrote:
Hey Guys,

My name is Sam Medysky. I'm a kiteboarder of 20 years and a brand ambassador for a Kiteboarding company. I want to start off by apologizing for this behaviour / riding at Rufus last week. I want to own up to this "unsafe and disrespectful riding"
I was one of the two riders on the water. It wasn't our intention to disrespect anyone on or off the water. Thanks you for bringing this to our attention and this will NOT happen again.

bigjohn - very sorry for any disrespect on our behave, this was not our intention. We were looking to get some unique photos and being from out of town didn't realize this was the main launch spot. Again very sorry and it will NOT happen again. If I can take you for a coffee or beer please reach out to me.

Good Job Sam! You handled this properly. See you on the water.

www.naishkites.com

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Jul 23, 18 7:37 am    Re: Rufus Kiteboarding Reply with quote

Medysky wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thank you for responding.

As others have stated a class act response to a difficult situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: