Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

more magical than you thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostWed Feb 28, 07 9:58 am    more magical than you thought Reply with quote

some things to help your life continue rolling along smooth and reason to pay that pesky phone bill

things that your cell phone didn't tell you about.

If its true who knows.

5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST
Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND
Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

THIRD
Hidden Battery Power

Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH
How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 # A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.
And Finally....

FIFTH
Free Directory Service for Cells

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.
This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

Last edited by registered on Wed Feb 28, 07 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Feb 28, 07 10:05 am     Reply with quote

how could that car one be true? aren't keyless entry systems radio frequency based? how would a microphone/speaker relay that?

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostWed Feb 28, 07 10:10 am     Reply with quote

thats what those extra taxes are for.

you should see the top secret list. Laughing

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Feb 28, 07 10:19 am     Reply with quote

even regi can't can't get up early enough to get anything past you pkh...

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/cellphones.asp

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostWed Feb 28, 07 10:25 am     Reply with quote

pjc

you ready to improve you snow skills?? I am dying to ride the coast but laziness keeps me from siffering most of this years southerlies Crying or Very sad come on sunny north winds.. and continue the deeeep powder.

Two nites ago we had the sleds stuck at least 20 times around 7500' elevation where the snow was armpit deep off the shoulder of diamond peak.. good way to break-in a new piston set. Its impressive to see a rmk on flat terrain burried almost vertical , must have needed more power Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

sound like fun, bring a shovel

Last edited by registered on Wed Feb 28, 07 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 28, 07 10:26 am     Reply with quote

there's another too...

when on the road, trying to navigate traffic, dial 511 for local road conditions.

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostWed Feb 28, 07 10:54 am     Reply with quote

Fish- you saying the King was buried and team phazer was getting it done??

Was it heathens RMK?

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Feb 28, 07 11:28 am     Reply with quote

regifish --- i have been enjoying reading about the adventures of you, pachigh and blowhardest but i think i am going to stick with the hard work + kayaking to get through the winter for the next year or two. in a few years the little man will be ready for snow and then my focus (and car selection) might change.

i don't know about the sledneck thing -- i get confused unscrewing a bottletop i think tinkering with those engines would blow my mind.

last year at this time we were getting sessions at the beach (more you then me but still the N wind was working). this year is different i guess but i am sure late march and april will deliver some sessions.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostWed Feb 28, 07 11:40 am     Reply with quote

the phazer operator was sober. eventually we towed the phazer ,,thats when the real fun began... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad the other phazer shorttrack was ridden by a 100 girl and she never got stuck... Mad

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri Mar 02, 07 6:16 pm    Re: more magical than you thought Reply with quote

registered wrote:
some things to help your life continue rolling along smooth and reason to pay that pesky phone bill

things that your cell phone didn't tell you about.

If its true who knows.

5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST
Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND
Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

THIRD
Hidden Battery Power

Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH
How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 # A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.
And Finally....

FIFTH
Free Directory Service for Cells

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.
This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

Thats total BS:
except for the free 411 - thats cool thanks

debunked at:

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostFri Mar 02, 07 8:49 pm     Reply with quote

pjc wrote:
even regi can't can't get up early enough to get anything past you pkh...

isn' t that what pjc wrote gman? Laughing

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri Mar 02, 07 10:39 pm     Reply with quote

I was too busy trying to cell phone my car Laughing

OH Check this one out:

http://www.dailymotion.com/cluster/extreme/video/x14gl9_dynamite-surfing

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSat Mar 03, 07 8:00 am     Reply with quote

gman, I think that I laid out that it could be untrue, however even in your link , ( or the same link pjc posted)it says that a few work just not as slick as initially stated and the car keys one well that seems to be bullshit. Laughing

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostSat Mar 03, 07 9:50 am     Reply with quote

Actually there is a secret code just in case you ever get caught in a situation where you forgot your board at home. It will turn your cell phone into a surfboard and you can ride away into the sunset.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: